Monday, February 5, 2024

Saving Money in my Scratch Cooking Frugal Kitchen ~ Week 1 February 2024


My Frugal Week

On Monday, while out running errands, we were able to pick up a few groceries like chicken, celery, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, tartar sauce, sweet potatoes, grapefruit, oranges, and pears. 

What’s for Dinner

Monday ~ Bailey had book club, so I was on my own for dinner.  I had some cheesy bread sticks with broccoli and ranch for dinner. 

Tuesday ~ On Monday a friend gave me three heads of cabbage. Woo Hoo! Stir Fried Cabbage and sausage for dinner again. I just love cabbage stir fried with onions and ginger. 

Wednesday ~ Chicken & Dressing, Green Beans with Onions, Broccoli Salad, Pickled Beets. This was the last of the dressing I made at Thanksgiving and stored in the freezer. 

Thursday ~ Chinese Food - Cajun Chicken. Stir Fried Broccoli & Carrots. 

Friday ~ Publix Boar's Head Italian Sub Sandwiches. Yum! 

Saturday ~ Salmon  Patties, Stir Fried Cabbage, Field Peas & Snaps, Pickled Beets. 

Sunday ~ Hawaiian Chicken, Cole Slaw, Broccoli Salad, Butter Beans. 

What’s on the Menu for This Coming Week

I haven't decided yet, although I have a few ideas in mind, I'm going to wing it this week. Please come back next week to see what we had on our menu this week. 

What’s been on the menu in your home this past week?


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


14 comments:

  1. What a blessing to receive all that cabbage! It is just crazy how high the price has gotten on cabbage.

    We had Jersey Mikes subs last week and yum! On the app they have a deal that if you buy a sub they give you enough points for a free one. I got the points within an hour so we get to have a sub again for free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really tickled to get all that cabbage, Lana. The price has gotten high, unfortunately. We've really enjoyed having it in our meals.

      Oh, how neat to get a free sub. I just love them, but don't have them too often, but sure do enjoy them when we do. I will have to check out their app. :)

      Delete
  2. Your Hawaiian Chicken recipe looks delish Belinda! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cabbage and sausage is one of our favorite meals. Yum! And to get something gratis that makes a fantastic meal is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything on your menu! We could all eat together with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had three free heads of cabbage. I still have one to use. Maybe this week. I might cook blackeyed peas to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good Kim. I have never tried ginger in my stir fried Cabbage. I will need to give it a try.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just a little bit as it can get spicy, but it really adds to the flavor.

      Delete
  7. Your menu is great, and so awesome to get that free cabbage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was really happy to get the cabbage.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...