Monday, February 19, 2024

Saving Money in my Frugal Kitchen ~ 3rd Week of February 2024

 


My Frugal Week & Recipe of the Week

Several people have commented on the pizza eggs I include in our breakfasts of the week. And have even mentioned looking up the recipe, so I decided to do that too and came across some with actual slices of pizza in the recipe.

What we do is make eggs, anyway we like them, I prefer mine scrambled and then add pizza toppings to the mix. We like both cottage cheese and parmesan cheese in ours and Bailey likes turkey pepperoni in hers.

I add pizza sauce of which I have used all sorts of things like tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce. It's really helped to use up our stash of tomato based sauces. Bailey adds pizza seasoning from Trader Joe's to hers and I like to add Italian Seasoning to mine. 

You can also add black olives or any pizza toppings you prefer. We cook the eggs first, then add the toppings and a lid to the skillet and allow the cheeses to melt. 

Pizza Eggs


Ingredients:


Eggs

Pepperoni

Cottage Cheese

Parmesan Cheese

Pizza Sauce

Any pizza toppings you prefer


Breakfasts


This week I finished a box of Quaker Oats Maple & Brown Sugar with 20 packets in it that we brought over from Dad's place. Now, I will move on to a tin of McCann's Irish oatmeal and finish using that up before I move on to my regular oatmeal. We also did Pizza Eggs somedays.


What’s for Dinner

Monday ~ Planned Over Lasagne, Salad, and Garlic Bread. 

Tuesday ~ Movie Night! No cooking for me! Bailey will have her usual BBQ Chicken Pizza. 

Wednesday ~ BBQ Smokies, Baked Apples, and Corn. 

Thursday ~ Beefy Baked Beans, Broccoli. 

Friday ~ Tired from cleaning out, we had leftovers. Beefy Baked Beans, BBQ Smokies, Corn, and Pickled Beets. 

Saturday ~ Chicken Tacos, Onions, Pinto Beans. 

Sunday ~ Chicken Pot Pie with homemade white sauce, Green Beans with Onions, Pickled Beets, and Southern Spoon Bread. I also made up a fresh batch of iced tea. 

What’s on the Menu for This Coming Week

Salmon, Ham, Tuna, Pulled Pork, Sausage, and Pork Chops are items we have on hand that I can use to make meals this week. As usual, I will be serving at least one meatless meal this week to save money on meat. Be sure to come back next week to see what sides we serve with these main dishes.

What’s been on the menu in your home this past week?


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pizza eggs tip! I had googled and read about the leftover pizza slices, but I think I would prefer your recipe.
    Your meals sound delicious! Now I'm craving lasagna.
    I think my favorite meal last week was when my husband made gyudon beef bowl and my son made hot&sour soup. Yummy and I didn't have to cook. :D
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how nice that both your hubby and son cooked, I love it! I was craving lasagna too. Lol

      Delete
  2. Your pizza eggs sound a great deal like what one of our eating establishments call a breakfast bowl. They serve quite a few different types.

    Looking forward to seeing what sides you add to your mains.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, a breakfast bowl sounds good, I would add potatoes to mine.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the pizza egg recipe Belinda. Maybe the pizza flavor will help disguise the cottage cheese (I don't care for it, but I'll eat it). I thought of making lasagna this week too, but I figured it's not gonna help my weight loss. I've been eating to much carbs lately. I'm blaming the cold weather...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I’m blaming the cold weather too as a salad in this cold weather is so unappetizing to me, I need warm food right now. Bailey really lays on the pizza spices on her pizza eggs, and the cottage cheese gets all melts with the lid on, so if you try it please let me know.

      Delete
  4. Your Menu sounds delicious! It's great to have leftovers for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie. I agree on the leftovers.

      Delete
  5. I love my eggs scrambled and cannot stand anything with them. But, it is certainly a good idea. This past week has been chicken breast and leftover baked vegetables. The next few days will be what I can have for colonoscopy prep. I really want lasagna! But, I have never made lasagna before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer my eggs scrambled too, Linda. I hope your colonoscopy goes well and with good results. Skillet lasagna is pretty easy to make and doesn’t involve the layering.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the recipe. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...