Friday, February 23, 2024

Fourth Frugal Friday of February 2024



Welcome to Frugal Friday! 

My Frugal Week

This morning I went to Food City and Save a Lot to get in on two grocery deals. Food City has ground chuck for $1.99 a pound, limit of ten pounds, when you buy $25 worth of store brand groceries, today and tomorrow only. Save a Lot has chicken leg quarters on sale for 59 cents a pound, and I bought two bags. 

While cleaning in Dad's kitchen, we found an old crockpot with a glass lid. My own smaller crock pot had a plastic lid that was cracked, so I exchanged them. We will sell his old one at the consignment sale, but now mine has a glass lid. Woo Hoo! It's the little things that bring me joy. 

We rode Dad's four wheeler around the yard (we have 20 acres here) and picked up trash that had blown into the yard. We brought a nice Rubbermaid Brute garbage can over here from his yard, but emptied it out into a garbage bag beforehand. We took it to Fletcher spout and rinsed it out very well.  

I attended the class at The Samaritan Center again this week and earned another $10 in thrift store credit. I bought some more flannel blankets for 25 cents. This week they made a Caribbean Casserole for us to try and it was really good. I'll include it in the recipe of the week in Monday's post.  

On Tuesday we went to the $5 Bargain Tuesday at UEC, and both received a free popcorn for being a rewards member. We watched The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes. This is the book club reading for this month, which meets tonight, so she's excited to have read the book AND watched the movie. 

Savings of the Week


On Wednesday I went to Chattanooga to run errands and went to the UGO on Highway 58. Thanks very much to Toni, I found Lord Chesterfield's butter beans for 79 cents per can! Toni said, "in this day and age we have to watch out for each other" and I definitely agree with her. I sure do appreciate her letting me know this.

Other items I bought include Kraft shredded cheese in the eight ounce packages for $1.00, Tyson spicy plant based nuggets in the one pound package for $1.99, and I bought one to try. If we like them, that is a great price for one pound of "meat". 

Blueberries and pineberries were $1.50 for the larger container, tortillas for 50 cents a pack, EVOO for $3.99, and several other items as well. 

Coupons

Bailey and I both use the Cetaphil soap to wash our hands here as it is a very moisturizing soap that doesn't leave our hands dried out. It's more expensive than other soaps at around $11 for three bars, but you can go to the website and print a coupon for $4.00 off if you're interested. 

Speaking of coupons, I found a stash in a filing cabinet in Dad's office from the 1980s with no expiration date. The values are low, but they will still work. We also received coupons from Kroger and Frito Lay & Pepsi this week from their Tasty Rewards program, and now they will let you order coupons every two weeks. 

Joy of the Week & Freebies

While I was running errands this week I came across a lady who wanted to chat while we were both waiting on an event  to start. She was very sweet and even asked to pray with me. 

She goes to food giveaways and what she can't use she keeps in her car and gives it to people she meets, people like me. She had me go look in her box, and I picked out a box of broth, crackers and some granola bars. 

Wasn't that sweet of her? The whole encounter reminded me of the scripture found in the book of Hebrews 13:2, "Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some have entertained angels unawares."

Photo of the Week


In the photo above you'll see two brand new cans of Spectracide wasp spray. We buy these at Lowe's in a dual pack and keep a supply on hand. Bailey opened a new pack last week and both cans were empty, so I called Spectracide and they sent me two new bottles to replace them. That was great customer service in my book. 




Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


14 comments:

  1. Oh how fun to go 4 wheeling!! I think Tn has some beautiful country, and the fresh air and sunshine has got to do a body good. :)
    Great deals at the stores!
    I went to Food City this morning too, and I bought a box of sausage patties using the coupons you told us about, thank you! The patties fry up quickly, and I like putting them on biscuits or bagels for a quick weekend breakfast.
    I hadn't heard of tasty rewards, so thank you for that tip too.
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. Yes, the four wheeler is so much fun and I always enjoy the breeze and the views.

      That was a good deal on the Swaggerty sausage. I have more coupons to use for Swaggerty's too. I made breakfast for dinner one night this week and it's one of my favorite meals.

      You're welcome on the information on the Tasty Rewards program. Helping each other out is one way we will get through these high grocery prices. We all need to stick together.

      I hope you have a great weekend too. :)

      Delete
  2. What great meat deals!!! All your grocery items were a good price. That is great. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I really researched the ads this week and it saved me some money. yay! I hope you have a lovely weekend too. :)

      Delete
  3. Look at you getting all those great grocery deals. I have never been on a four wheeler, I bet they are a blast.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are fun, Jackie. I've rarely been on one, and have never driven one, but it's fun to ride.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a great week. Heb. 13:2 is one of my favorite scriptures! It was a cool, rainy day here but next week our temperatures are supposed to get up into the 70's! I have seen daffodils, forsythia and trees blooming and we are already seeing pollen here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Bobbi, it is about that time of year for the pollen to start. I’ve seen some daffodils coming up, but no blooms yet. Our Bradford Pear tree has buds though. Mom had a forsythia bush years ago and it was so beautiful when it was in bloom. 70s will feel so good, we had a nice day here in the 60s.

      Delete
  5. You always find the best grocery deals Belinda. I'm jealous of that fantastic Kraft cheese price :) You should check the drugstores for Cetaphil deals too. I know CVS used to have weekly reward deals on that brand. I'm pretty sure Wags does too. That ATV drive must've been fun! And it's perfect to move around your large property. I haven't been on one in ages. I heard preaching on that exact scripture earlier this week. What a great blessing that was for you both. Wishing you & Bailey a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I was floored when I saw the cheese price! I would have bought more if I had a bigger freezer. Thanks for the tip on the soap at the drug stores, I’ll definitely keep my eye out on it. I love that scripture and our meeting was a blessing. I hope you also have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  6. What a fantastic price on the ground chuck. I would have bought 25 dollars worth plus the 10 pounds one day and gone back the next for another 25 buck plus 10 pounds. (Or had Bailey shop for and additional $25 plus 10)
    Also thanks for the heads up on UGO. I had never heard of them before, but there is one in Fort Payne which is on the way to Mentone. We are planning a trip there soon so I will add the grocery store as part of our experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, do go to UGO, Anne. You never know what good deals you will find. That ground chuck was a good deal. I was happy to get it.

      Delete
  7. You really got some great deals. I would love Kraft cheese at that price. The ATV rides sound like fun. We don't have any of those stores here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I was happy with the good deals this week.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...