Monday, February 12, 2024

Saving Money in my Frugal Kitchen ~ Week 2 February 2024

 


My Frugal Week

I made a batch of Crock Pot yogurt this week using this recipe from Bless this Mess. It was an utter fail for me, but I think I added the yogurt while the milk was too warm, so I will try again the next time I get some free or reduced milk. 

What’s for Breakfast


Pizza Eggs, Oatmeal, Scrambled Eggs with Gravy, Peanut Butter on Toast.


What’s for Dinner


Mexican Monday ~ Taco Chicken, Tortillas, Lettuce Tomatoes, Onions, Corn & Taco Beans. 

Movie Night Tuesday ~ Chicken BBQ Pizza for Bailey, leftovers for me. 

Wednesday ~ Breakfast for Dinner, Sausage, Sausage Gravy, Biscuits, Scrambled Eggs, and Fruit Salad. 

Thursday & Friday ~ Chicken Dressing Green Beans

Saturday ~ Chinese

Sunday ~ Lasagna, Salad, Garlic Bread. 

What’s on the Menu for This Coming Week

I haven't decided yet, so I'm going to wing it this week. I have several ideas planned, so please come back next week to see what we had on our menu this week. 

What’s been on the menu in your home this past week?


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


12 comments:

  1. Have to start Harv's diet this week so things are pretty boring up until Thursday. Your menu for last week looks like it would be a real hit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. Half the battle is figuring out what to cook. LOL

      Delete
  2. Again, your menu sounds perfect to me. We have very similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that too over the years that we've been reading each other's blog posts, Cheryl. :)

      Delete
  3. I had to google pizza eggs, because who doesn't like having pizza for breakfast...lol. Everything sounds delicious! I need to make biscuits & gravy again sometime. We haven't had those in years. I'm sure you'll come up with some really good meals for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms Gee. Bailey loves pizza eggs. She would eat them everyday! Biscuits and gravy are delicious, but I don’t even need the biscuits, I just like gravy over scrambled eggs. 😋

      Delete
  4. Biscuits and gravy sound delicious, but Tommy hates gravy, so I never make it. This past week, we have eaten a lot of chicken with various baked vegetables, salad, slaw and green beans.I will have to look up pizza eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza eggs are pretty easy to make, I'll include it in this week's recipe of the week. :)

      Delete
  5. I have tried to make yogurt and failed also. It seems everyone in the world but me (and now you) have no trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've made it in the past easily in the oven, but the crockpot method failed for me, unfortunately. I will keep trying though. LOL

      Delete
  6. Yum! Sounds delicious! I'm curious about the pizza eggs too.
    I tried making yogurt one time, and it was too tangy for me, and I haven't tried again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I'll be sure to include the recipe for pizza eggs next week. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...