Sunday, August 29, 2021

Frugal Friday on Sunday



Welcome to Sunday! 


Bailey and I went yard sailing early on Friday and Saturday, so my blog post is later than usual this week. She found some plants at two different yard sales and was so tickled to add them to her collection. If you follow her Instagram account you can often see her finds even before we get home. 

My Frugal Week

Bailey went to her monthly book club on Friday evening. The book they read this month was Rogue Wave. The lady hosting the book club likes to find food from the book to serve at the event. This month she brought roasted fruit and cupcakes, which Bailey brought home. 

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

We used up every last bit of bread we had in the house. I even used up three hotdog buns to make into garlic bread. 

Meals This Week

Friday: Chicken Tacos, Lettuce, Tomato, Onions

Saturday:  Chicken Tacos, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions

Sunday: Grilled Chi ken, Grilled Squash, Salad

Monday: White Chicken Enchiladas, Stir Fry Vegetables

Tuesday: Baked Potatoes with all the fixings

Wednesday: Chicken Teriyaki, Rice & Vegetables

Thursday: Pork Chops, Sliced Tomatoes & Cucumbers, Salad, Potatoes, Peas

Friday: Chicken, Rice, Salad

Saturday: Pizza and Salad



Recipe of the Week

This is the recipe I made last week where I substituted the Taco Bell mild sauce for the salsa. What I did with the chicken was cut it up into bite size pieces and cooked it in my Instant Pot first and then assembled the rest of the casserole, so I only had to cook this for around 20 minutes. It saved energy by having the oven on less, which saved the ac from having to cool the house more. 

Fajita Baked Chicken

Ingredients:

2 pounds chicken breasts
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1/3 cup salsa
1 packet fajita seasoning mix
1 large bell pepper, sliced
1 cups shredded cheese 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Place chicken in dish.
Mix cream cheese, salsa and fajita seasoning.
Spread mixture over the chicken.
Top with your sliced bell peppers and shredded cheese. 
Bake 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked


This is a short blog post this week. But I would love to know how your week was in the comment section. 

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree



16 comments:

  1. We had an okay frugal week, mostly because I was super busy with work. But, I sold a couple of things on eBay, and made a menu plan, used things from the freezer. The basics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s good to be able to do the basics when you’re busy with work. Glad you sold a couple of things on eBay too.

      Delete
  2. Good week here -nothing exciting!
    Sounds like chicken fest at your house - I love chicken. It is so versatile - you give so many good ideas.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl Chicken is what we found on sale the week before, that and sausages. It’s all good. :) LOL

      Delete
  3. I visited my neice 2 weeks ago and came home with 4 plants. She has been propagating them for the last few months and my grand nephew says she is cloning them LOL. Plants make our lives happier.

    I also noticed your menu looks a lot like ours. Lots of fresh veggies.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat that your niece is doing that, Amy. My daughter loves plants, plus they clean the air.

      Oh yes, we do serve a lot of fresh veggies with our meals. Need to get those nutrients in. :)

      Delete
  4. I misread your beginning of the post and thought y'all were sailing for two day. I was really envious!
    The chicken recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sailing for two days does sound fun, Anne. LOL

      Delete
  5. I really don't remember the last time I went to a garage sale. Probably 3-4 months ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so much fun, you never know what you will find. It’s so nice to see you posting again, Nil. I’ve missed you.

      Delete
  6. I posted my thrifty week Thursday- not much. Thanks for the recipe for your fajita's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome, Sam. I will go and check out your Thrifty Thursday.

      Delete
  7. I passed at least three dozen yard sale Saturday and did not have balance or energy to stop and shop. I have gotten plants from yard sales and loved it. The recipe sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like finding plants at yard sales too.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great week!
    Love the plants! A neighbor gave us a snake plant as a housewarming gift 28 years ago, and it is the only plant that I haven't killed and it has actually multiplied. :)
    Your meals sound so good, and thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Kathy, and you’re welcome. How neat your snake plant has lived for so long. That in incredible.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...