Monday, August 2, 2021

Butter Biscuits


This is a recipe I saw on TikTok and turns out this recipe is all over the Internet. I made a batch of them this morning and will make some changes when I make them again. The recipe calls for sugar, which these do not need, so I left that out. 

Butter Biscuits

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter (IMO, this is too much, next time I will try 1/2 stick)
2 & 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 & 3/4 cup buttermilk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 
Melt butter in microwave or oven. 
Use an 11 x 7 inch baking dish and pour butter inside.
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
Pour into buttermilk and  stir until batter forms. 
Pour biscuit dough into baking dish over the butter. 
At this point you can cut the biscuits into squares.
I waited until mine were halfway through baking to cut them.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

12 comments:

  1. I was just thinking I needed a biscuit recipe, as I'm not happy with my biscuits. Definitely going to try this one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! We really liked these. I used half a stick of butter and it was plenty of buttery goodness. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Oh, Thank you for letting me know, Kathy. I thought half a stick would work. Thank you so much for that. I’m so glad you liked them. :)

      Delete
  2. I'll bet these were really tasty. I am bookmarking this page to try them later in the month when we have houseguests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very interesting Belinda. Thanks for sharing. Love the idea of not having to shape them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too, Jackie. They were so simple to make.

      Delete
  4. I make a similar recipe with too much butter and sugar and use them for strawberry shortcake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds delicious. It's been a long time since I had strawberry shortcake. Yummy.

      Delete
  5. These sound yummy. Something else I’ve tried and loved: using canned biscuits, dip in melted butter on both sides before baking. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that does sound good, Penny. I will have to try that sometime.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...