Welcome to Frugal Workshop where every Monday I share the simple strategies used to save money in my kitchen over the past week, along with the meals that made it to our dinner table. You'll find practical tips on how we saved money on food hopefully to inspire your own meal planning using the foods you have in your own pantry.
My Frugal Week
On Friday I put a ten pound bag of chicken leg quarters in the crockpot. Once it was done cooking I separated the meat from the bones and ended up with a good amount of meat to use in meals this week.
What’s for Dinner
Monday ~ Teriyaki Chicken, Green Beans with Onions, and Cabbage.
Tuesday ~ Grilled Chicken, Roasted Sweet Potato, Steamed Broccoli.
Wednesday & Thursday ~ Cabbage Rolls, Steamed Broccoli.
Fish on Friday ~ Chicken Nuggets, Cabbage and Broccoli.
Saturday & Sunday ~ Chicken, Cabbage & Broccoli, and Corn on the Cob.
As I mentioned, I put chicken leg quarters in the crock pot on Friday evening and let them cook overnight. Saturday morning I pulled all the bones out of it, and seasoned it well. This worked out perfectly as we were dropping off at consignment and came home to a hot ready meal.
What’s been on the menu in your home this past week?
Belinda
Homemaker at Heart


No comments:
Post a Comment
I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.
Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.
Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.