Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Hawaiian Chicken

I saw this recipe on my friend Lindy's Facebook page last week and decided to make it this week. The recipe called for it to be cooked in a crockpot for 6 to 8 hours, but I used my Instant Pot instead. I also added the cornstarch slurry because Bailey likes her food to have a thick sauce. 

I cut up the chicken breast into small bite sized pieces because that's the way we like it. It was served with rice and broccoli and it's a really good and simple recipe. We both really enjoyed it and I will be making it again. 

Hawaiian Chicken


Ingredients:


2 pounds Chicken (I used two breasts, cut how you like it)

1/2  cup Brown Sugar

1/3  cup Soy Sauce

1 cup Pineapple Juice


Cornstarch Slurry


1 tablespoon of cornstarch 

2 tablespoons of water


Directions;


Combine all ingredients together and cook in an Instant Pot for 10 minutes. 

Once done and opened, turn on sauté feature, add cornstarch slurry, and stir until thickened.


Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

14 comments:

  1. I bet that is good. Such a good way to stretch your meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good!!
    Do you use natural release or quick release?
    Thanks 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the natural release on this, Kathy. I usually always do the natural release, especially on beans, as it is less messy to clean the lid. LOL

      Delete
    2. We really enjoyed the chicken! I added the drained pineapple at the end. Thanks for the recipe!

      Delete
    3. Thank you for letting me know, Kathy. Adding the pineapple was a great idea! I need to do that, Bailey loves pineapple.

      Delete
  3. Sounds really good Belinda. I am definitely going to give this a try. Though I will probably try it on the stove and use my Instant Pot to make some rice.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a good idea, Jackie. I hope you like it like we did.

      Delete
  4. This sounds tasty! Now I have to figure out how to ketofy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been making that as a chicken marinade for years. It’s one of our favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how neat, Tammy. That’s good to know for future reference. Thank you.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...