Friday, March 1, 2024

First Frugal Friday March 2024

Welcome to Frugal Friday! 

Quote of the Week
It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.
― Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
My Frugal Week

As usual, I steamed and measured clothes for Bailey for her shops this week. Lucky me, I found five new shirts for me. That is my price to her for helping. LOL


Someone posted on our local Facebook group that she was getting rid of her kitchen apple decor and was offering it up for free. I'm usually too late to get in on a deal like this, but not this time. 

She said the items were stored and needed some cleaning, which I'm used to do doing because we buy second hand regularly. Afterwards, Bailey can price them and sell them at the consignment sale. Drop off is less than one week away, so we will be busy doing that this week.  

I listed two items for sale on eBay this week. 

I made a list of other errands to do when I went to town for a dr. appt. this week, to save money on gas. 

I perused the grocery store sale ads online on Wednesday. 

I colored Bailey's hair for her, and saved her saved $90.

I went to Publix after my eye doctor appointment on Thursday. They have $1.00 off of Dawn dishwashing detergent, and buy one get one free on Pam spray. I also bought Temptations treats for the cats as they are priced at three for $9.00 this week. 

I used one of the Dawn coupons I found with no expiration date, which was for 20 cents off. There was no barcode, so they had to type the number in for me to use it. 

Publix has Kraft mayonnaise on sale this week priced at by one get one free, but that still made it $4.00 per quart, which is expensive to me.

Photo of the Week


If you have a hanger that doesn't hold a garment on very well, add a rubber band to the end of it to act as a gripper and the garment won't fall off that hanger anymore. We use this tip in Bailey's business for any hangers that don't already have the gripper attached. 

Saving Money YouTube Videos

10 Painless Ways to Save $100 ~ Homegrown Hillary created this video on Amy Dacyczyn's tips from 1990 and decided to see if they are still relevant in 2024


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


15 comments:

  1. Great find on the kitchen items - that will add up quickly.
    Genius idea on adding the rubber bands to the hangers. Sitting here saying "duh" to myself - why did I never think of that? Thanks - great tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I thought the same thing when I learned about the rubber band trick.

      Delete
  2. You have been busy! I love your idea with the rubber bands and will put it to good use soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie. I liked that idea too when I first learned it.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good week of savings! Free clothes and I love the apple kitchen decor. I'm sure it will sell at the consignment sale. Thanks for the rubber band tip too. I'll check out the youtube video; I haven't looked at my tightwad books in a long time so it will be fun to revisit them.
    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I want to reread my Tightwad Gazette books too as sometimes when I read something again, it will click with me when it didn't the first time I read it. I hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  4. Wow, love those kitchen items, what a great deal (free is always the best). I have never thought of using elastics in that manner. We always learn something new from our blogging friends.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we love free here, Jackie. LOL

      We sure do learn from each other, that is for sure. :)

      Delete
  5. (Little Penpen) I’m shocked at the price of Mayo these days! Just unbelievable. Glad you got five new tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Penny. It is unbelievable the price of mayo, I did find a sale on it this week, though, thank goodness. If you have an Ingle's near you, they have it on sale this week.

      Delete
  6. That is such a great score on the dishes. I like to bundle all my errands too. Saves gas & time. $90 is crazy for a hair color! I imagine you have to tip on that price too. Everything's just crazy expensive these days. Wishing you & Bailey a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Gee. Yes, $90 is crazy for a hair coloring! We were just discussing the cost of mayonnaise, it's just crazy how high everything is right now.

      Delete
  7. All of the apple items were a fantastic find. I am glad you were able to get them. I love the buy nothing websites. It is great for both the giver and the giftee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been very busy and frugal too Belinda. Great saving on the hair colour...hairdressing is a well paid job! I dye my own hair too.
    I really enjoy hilarys channel I must watch that video.
    Take good care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Effieq. You take good care of yourself too. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...