Friday, October 6, 2023

First Frugal Friday of October 2023

Welcome to Frugal Friday! 



Quote of the Week

My Frugal Week

This was a busy week filed with several appointments. On Sunday we went the monthly trade post event.

This week I earned $10.12 from Amazon thanks to those of you who use my Amazon links when I post them. 

I also earned $9.08 through Rakuten for the new air conditioner we bought in August. If you’re new to Rakuten, this is a cash back program where you earn money buying things you normally buy anyway. If you want to join using my referral, we’ll both get $30 for using my link to sign up. 

I bought Member’s Mark laundry detergent from Sam’s Club this week and paid for it with a free to me virtual Visa card. The Member’s Mark brand has more ounces and is about $10 cheaper than the name brand detergent.

I washed and trimmed my hair one day this week. My bangs were getting too long for my liking and this took care of that.

My Saturday trash man came after missing last week and was I ever glad to get rid of the garbage! It’s always a good feeling to have that task taken care of for the week. 

Eat At Home-Tober

Rhonda, who blogs over at, If you do Stuff, Stuff gets Done, has planned on eating at home all of October, and so she made up the phrase, "Eat at home-tober". 

Isn't that cute? I hope it catches on in the blog world. 

Freebies

Trade day was this past Sunday and we brought several items to trade including food that was gifted to us that we will not use. Bailey said the items were picked up almost as fast as she could set them down. 

Here is a photo of the items we picked up for free:


One of them was an  AirBoss Closet Odor Eliminator with activated charcoal. Other items included one onion, one white potato, two red potatoes, 2 cans pinto beans, one can potatoes, two cans green peas, three cans of corn, 2 boxes of Jiffy Mix, one jar of chili powder, four bags of strawberry flavored Craisins, and one cat waterer. 

Saving Money YouTube Videos

Six Quick & Easy money Saving Recipes $20 Menu Julie Pacheco ~ Julie has some great videos on saving money in the kitchen. Her green vegetable sauce is this video is high in protein and nutrients. 


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27








10 comments:

  1. The trading event sounds like something I would like to do. I have all this stuff that needs to go in a yard sale. It is too much to put on the street for free. Trading would work, especially if I could get onion and potato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes the Trading Post is perfect for that. We always get an onion and/or a couple of potatoes. And it helps to keep your home decluttered by trading things you are no longer using.

      Delete
  2. What wonderful free items you got at the trade event. That is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. We love the free Trade Post.

      Delete
  3. I love the trading economy, and anything that helps eliminate waste. You got some great stuff this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great savings and good finds at the trading post.
    Thanks for sharing the youtube video; she made some tasty looking meals for only $20.
    Hope you have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I thought that too about her $20 meals, some really good looking ones.

      Here’s hoping your weekend is a good one!

      Delete
  5. Oops, I hit enter and I guess my partial comment got published. I love Rhonda's idea of eating at home. I can do it, but DS won't. I love the trading event. What a great way to not waste and score things that you need. I've used Members Mark detergent before & it's good. I would buy it again, but the drugstores keep spoiling me with free Tide...lol Wishing you & Bailey a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both enjoy eating out, but for the closet we would rather eat at home. Bailey used to ask me to take her out regularly when she was in high school, but doesn’t do that now that she knows the cost of restaurants. Free Tide is awesome! You do a great job on those deals for sure. I hope you and your son have a terrific weekend!

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...