Friday, July 23, 2021

Frugal Friday



Welcome to Friday! 

My Frugal Week

My laptop was repaired and returned last Friday evening. The battery in my mouse died after sitting idle all week, but a new battery put it back into business.

We have been having to babysit our cat food when we feed the cats for the past few weeks as a racoon has been coming during the day to eat  Finally, the raccoon has been trapped and relocated.  Not before we trapped two of our cats, those poor babies. They cried and cried before I could get them out. 

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

This week I wanted to make a Ramen Noodle Asian Salad. The price of almonds where I shop has risen in price, so what I did was to buy the smallest bag they had.  But I also added some sunflower seeds, which are much lower in price and will also add crunch to the salad. 

On Tuesday I had both Instant Pots going in the kitchen. One of them was making chicken for dinner while the other one was cooking Garbanzo beans for me to make some hummus. 

Meals This Week

Friday: Hamburgers, Tator Tots, Lettuce, Tomato, Onions, Pickles

Saturday: Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner including Potatoes, Onions, and Red Bell Peppers. There was plenty leftover to have this for breakfast on Sunday morning and to have some potatoes to use as a side dish for Sunday dinner. 

Sunday: Homemade Beenie Weenies ~ I soaked two pounds of navy beans overnight and added them to my Instant Pot on Sunday afternoon. I added bacon, mustard, onions, brown  sugar, and Nathan's hot dogs that I sliced into coins. 

Monday: Baked Chicken  Sandwiches, Roasted Potatoes, Cole Slaw

Tuesday:  Bone In Chicken seasoned Chinese style, Asian stir fry vegetables

Wednesday: Submarine Sandwiches, Potato Salad

Thursday: Stir Fried Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Steamed broccoli

What I've been Reading This Week

Bailey bought me a large print copy of Fannie Flagg’s Daisy Fay and The Miracle Man while she was at McKay's Used Books this week. 

How was your week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree


If you are encouraged by what you read here, please consider supporting this site. 

 1. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small percentage that helps me to earn a living. Any items you place in your cart from one of my links means I will earn a small percentage from that sale. 

22 comments:

  1. Great idea to sub sunflower seeds for almonds! We did the usual things. Meals at home (other than weekend out of town), used iBotta/Fetch, sold things on eBay, & ate stuff out of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to see how other people save money! The way you subbed sunflower seeds for some of the almonds in the Ramen Noodle Salad was so smart and creative. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lydia. It’s great when We learn from each other.

      Delete
  3. My sister has a tree nut allergy so I routinely swap sunflower seeds for almonds in a few salads I make that are brought to gatherings. I love ow they taste in salads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how they taste in salads too, Sam. I love them on cottage cheese too.

      Delete
  4. Glad you got your laptop back and are back in business! I love a good Ramen Noodle Asian Salad, now I'm going to have to put that on my list for this week too. Your menu sounds delicious! Have a great weekend Belinda. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. I hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  5. I love your blog! If you like Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man check out Standing in the Rainbow also by Fannie Flagg. It's a much different story but it really draws you in. It's my favorite of her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, BaggysMama. I will definitely check out her other book. I loved her Fried Green Tomatoes and read it over and over again.

      Delete
  6. As those poor kitties. I can just imagine them inside the trap. ☺️ We have a possum and a fox sneaking food from our stray cat feeder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so frustrating. For us, it is more the cost than anything. We have eight cats to feed and the racoon will come and eat all of their food, so they have nothing. It is frustrating for sure.

      Delete
  7. Glad you are back in business with the laptop.
    You meals sound tasty.
    I have caught kitties before too - once is all it took and they stayed far away from the live trap after that! LOL
    Have a great weekend and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I am hoping the two we caught will stay away from it now too. LOL

      I op you have a great weekend too .

      Delete
  8. I think your Sunday meal plan is awesome! I love beans and hot dogs. And I will say Nathans are top notch. Im going to be putting that on my meal plan list. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, City Worker. We really like them too.

      I hope your weekend is a good one. :)

      Delete
  9. So glad you got your laptop back.
    Glad you were able to trap the raccoon. We have lots of critters here, some more welcome than others. I saw 3 does and 4 fawns yesterday, and it was fun watching the fawns jumping around. I just hope they don't jump into my garden. ;)
    Your meals sound so good. I love the idea to use the sunflower seeds. Pine nuts are so expensive, and I need an alternative for pesto.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. We have a couple of deer here and throughly enjoy them. Sunflowers seeds in pesto is a definite money saver. I hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  10. Great substitution with the sunflower seeds.

    You had a wonderfully frugal week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...