Sunday, January 15, 2012

Saturday Night Pizza



While I was shopping at Sam's Club on Sunday, I picked up the ingredients to make homemade pizzas as well, so last night we had homemade pizza for dinner.

5 pounds Mozzarella Cheese - $11.98
3 pounds Pepperoni - $7.98

We made three pizzas last night and still have plenty of ingredients to make more pizza. The 3 pound bag of pepperoni will last me a long time as I've only used about 20 pepperonis per pizza and 3 pounds of pepperoni is a lot. Will definitely be freezing some of this. 


The recipe I use for pizza crust in one I found years ago from the Friendly Freezer Yahoo group and was created by the list owner, Robbyn Snyder. Her website is no longer online, but if you use the Internet Wayback machine you can find it here: Pizza Page for Robbyn

Robbyn's Garlic Pizza Crust

Recipe By : Robbyn Serving Size : 12
2 cups tepid water (90*)
1/2 cup oil
3 cloves crushed garlic
5 1/2 to 6 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons yeast

Directions:
 
Dissolve yeast in water and add sugar.
Add oil and salt and garlic.
Mix in 3 cups flour and mix well. 
Add remaining flour and knead till smooth.
Allow to rise twice in the bowl. Punch down.
Oil baking sheets, use hands to press out to edges.
Add sauce and toppings.
Bake at 425* for 20 min.

This makes 2 cookie sheet sized or 12 after school snack size.

I've made the 12 after school snack size pizzas using this recipe before. I made them using an 8 inch round cake pan, and then placed each individual pizza in a one gallon size Ziploc bag and stacked them in the freezer. Next time I make them I'll take a picture for the blog. :) 

Belinda
 © Belinda Richardson and Frugal Workshop, 2011-2015 and beyond.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”


2 comments:

  1. Good tip to make individual slices and freeze for snacks. Thanks, that's something my teens would appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. My daughter likes them too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...