Monday, June 3, 2024

Menu Plan Monday ~ June 3, 2024

                                        

My Frugal Week

We went grocery shopping on Saturday and spent more than I wanted to spend, but we were out of many items and I was stocking up on several items. 

On Sunday I boiled eggs for the week, and made deviled eggs and a cucumber tomato salad to go with dinner. 

Recipe of the Week

I created this recipe using ingredients I had on hand and it turned out really well. You can always substitute chopped cabbage for the Cruciferous crunch. It made enough for dinner and then three lunches afterwards. I will definitely be making this again. 

Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice


Ingredients:


1 tablespoon EVOO

8 ounces cooked chicken

1 - 10 ounce bag Trader Joe's Cruciferous Crunch

1 - 12 ounce bag Trader Joe's Cauliflower Rice 

1 packet Sunbird Fried Rice Seasoning Mix

1 cup chopped onions

1 cup chopped red, orange, or yellow bell peppers

1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil

1 teaspoon ginger

Soy Sauce 


Directions


Heat EVOO in skillet until warm.

Add onions & peppers and saute for a few minutes.

Add Cruciferous Crunch, Riced Cauliflower, and Chicken.

Add Sunbird Seasoning packet.

Saute and heat through.

Add toasted sesame oil & soy sauce.

Stir to combine.

Enjoy.


Photo of the Week



Round steak, all browned, and ready to go into the crockpot to make Swiss Steak for Sunday dinner.

What’s for Dinner


Monday ~ Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice, Cucumber & Tomato Salad, Carrots. Oh wow, this was so good to me. I used Trader Joe's cauliflower rice and Cruciferous Crunch and it turned out really well. Afterwards, I had enough left to pack for three lunches for this week.  

Tuesday ~ Movie Night for Bailey, so I had a Grilled Chicken Salad. 

Wednesday ~ Minestrone Soup

Thursday ~ Enchilada Bake, Sweet Potatoes, Baked Beans. 

Friday ~ Bailey has book club, so I am on my own for dinner. I made Lemon Pepper Salmon, Baked Sweet Potato, and Tuscan Kale with fig balsamic vinegar. 

Saturday ~ I found a rotisserie chicken on markdown for $3.04, so I took the meat off the bones and added onions, spices and crushed tomatoes and make a chicken taco filling for dinner. I had mine via a burrito bowl while Bailey had tacos with hers. 

Sunday ~ Swiss Steak, Deviled Eggs, Pickled Beets, and Steamed Broccoli. 

What’s on the Menu for This Coming Week

I have several ideas planned for dinner this week including Tacos, Hamburgers, Cube Steak, and Salmon Patties. Please come back next week to see what sides we have on our menu this week. 

What’s been on the menu in your home this past week?


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


8 comments:

  1. YUM! Thanks for the recipe. It all sounds tasty. Great deal on the chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I love fried rice! Thanks for the recipe.
    My meals haven't been very exciting lately. We grilled some hamburgers and hot dogs, and I fixed a lasagna for a few meals.
    Your swiss steak looks so good. I may thaw a beef roast and put in the crockpot this week and fix some skillet chicken shawarma.
    Hope you have a good and tasty week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Kathy. This was really good for some reason, not sure if it was the Trader Joe's vegetable mixes or not, but it was a keeper and I wanted to share it. Lasagna is so good! I would love to have that regularly. And Chicken Shawarma is delicious. We have a local Italian/Greek restaurant here that makes it and it is so good.

      Delete
  3. Rotisserie chickens are such an easy meal solution that really stretch as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, Sam. They go great with one of the bagged salad kits too.

      Delete
  4. Belinda, that was a great deal on the chicken and being able to stretch it into a number of meals is great. You always have such wonderful meals.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Jackie. :)

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...