Friday, December 2, 2022

First Frugal Friday of December 2022

Welcome to Friday! 

My Frugal Week

We are heartbroken this week as our sweet kitty Beaux Gatsby passed away unexpectedly on Sunday. We only had him for six months and he was only a few months older than that. We decided to have him cremated and placed next to Big Kitty. 

Bailey went with her bonus Grandma last Friday to the aquarium in Chattanooga. Her friend bought all three of them tickets. 

One of the Christmas presents I bought was reduced in price with both a discount code and a $10 rewards certificate. ($18 saved)

Joy of the Week

We had a nice surprise come here this week. UPS dropped off a package on Wednesday evening. It was a Ghirardelli gift basket from my sister and her family. 

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

My big money saver this week was a stockpot of homemade vegetable soup, which we ate all week long. 

Meals This Week

Chili
Chicken Tenders
Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots
Chili
Pizza
Cheesy Potatoes 
Vegetable Soup

Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. This is a short blog post because it’s been a hard week here. I’ll be sure and do a longer blog post next Friday. 

Belinda
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

29 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Belinda. Losing any pet is so sad. Unexpectedly gives no time to prepare emotionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your cat.

    What a nice surprise that you received a gift basket from your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about Beaux. I know how hard it is. Furbabies leave a special place in your heart that can't be compared to anything else in the world. Sending you & Bailey big hugs. I am glad you and Bailey were able to find some joy in this sad horrible week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartfelt condolences on the loss of your kitty. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry. Sending hugs to you and Bailey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss. Kitties are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for the loss of your precious kitty. Our pets are our family. Thank makes me so sad - huge hugs.
    Nice surprise gift.
    Take care, and try to have a restful weekend. Again hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Little Penpen) I’m so sorry about your kitty. So heart breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belinda I am so sorry you lost your precious Beaux Gatsby. His life was short but I'm sure it was filled with love in your home. It is so heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Sky. We loved him so much. 💕

      Delete
  10. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your kitty. Animals can hide things so well, we don't always know there is something wrong. Very upsetting for their human parents to deal with. Your meals all look great, the soup sounds perfect for this time of year! I hope you have a good weekend/week. Take care of yourself! Cheryl H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cheryl. I appreciate your kind words. 💕

      Delete
  11. So sorry that you lost your fur baby.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very sorry about Beaux. We had to put down our Charleigh girl a few months ago. My brother rescued her and flew her here from Charleston, SC 16 years ago. I lost him to non small cell lung cancer (he never smoked) last year and it was like losing him all over again.Kitties and brothers are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I’m so sorry for the loss of your sweet Charleigh girl and the loss of your brother. Kitties and brothers are definitely the best. 💕

      Delete
  13. I am so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Celie has left a new comment on your post "First Frugal Friday of December 2022":

    I'm so sorry for your loss of such a young kitty. It's heartbreaking when a pet dies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about the loss of a kitty. There’s another blog I read and they were “calling you out” for ripping off online customers by posting sales listings as having a pet free home. I don’t shop online so I don’t know how that works. Several people had chimed in and said they should report to eBay. I didn’t comment but there was quite a discussion going

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...