Friday, October 15, 2021

Frugal Friday ~ October 15, 2021



Welcome to Friday! 

My Frugal Week

On Wednesday I had my follow up visit with my eye doctor and received a good report. I thanked him for restoring my eye sight. It truly is a blessing that such gifted hands restored my eyesight. I will always be grateful. 

We’ve been needing a new shower head in the bathroom for a while now and had even ducted taped the old one to to make it last longer. Well the time had come to replace ours and we had been looking for new ones online. Guess what Bailey found while at a yard sale on Saturday?


You guessed it! A brand new Waterpik shower head. We were so tickled, and already have it installed. It’s just wonderful. 

Earning Money

I redeemed 30 points from MobileXpressions for $5.00 in PayPal cash.

Avoiding Spending

We didn’t spend any money on groceries this week, just continued to make do with what’s here. I will be doing our monthly grocery shop today for Bailey has a birthday on Sunday. She is wanting a Nacho Bar for her birthday and I’ll make her a chocolate cake and she requested chocolate ice cream too. She will be 24 years old on Sunday. 

Saving Money In My Frugal Kitchen

As usual we used up all of our leftovers and had no food waste. 

Meals This Week

Friday & Saturday: Fiesta Chicken, Corn, Roasted Potatoes 

Saturday: Hamburgers with Cheese, Lettuce, Onion, Tomatoes, Fries

Sunday: Chicken Fajitas, Tortillas, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Corn, Broccoli

Monday: Chili Mac using some dried kidney beans, half a pound of ground beef, tomatoes, corn, and elbow macaroni. 

Tuesday: Surgery Day - Bailey made dinner at home. Chicken Tenders, Hummus with Crackers

Wednesday:  Honey Baked Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts

Thursday: Chicken Stir Fry, Rice, Broccoli ~I used up some rice from earlier in the week and added a package of the Sun Bird Fried Rice seasoning packet, which really adds flavor to rice. 

Recipe of the Week

Fiesta Chicken

Ingredients:

2 to 3 pounds chicken
1 to 2 onions, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 eight ounce cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup taco sauce
2 envelopes fajita seasoning mix
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:

Dice chicken and onions and cook in the Instant Pot for 15 minutes.
Mix cream cheese, sour cream, taco sauce, and fajita seasoning together. 
Add chicken and stir together.
Place in a sprayed casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Notes:

If I’m only doing two pounds of chicken, then I would only use one packet of fajita seasoning mix. The same with the sour cream, if I’m only doing two pounds of chicken, I would only use half of a cup of sour cream. You can use any already cooked chicken, cut up however you like it. 

What I've been Reading This Week

The Moneyist - Interesting money advice sort of like a Dear Abby column. There are some sticky situations that people can get into, and the advice they get back is pretty solid. 


That is all the news to report on our frugal week in Tennessee. Thank you for dropping by, you are always welcome here. We would love to hear about your week in the comment section.

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree




If you are encouraged by what you read here, please consider supporting this site. 


 1. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small percentage that helps me to earn a living. Any items you place in your cart from one of my links means I will earn a small percentage from that sale. 

24 comments:

  1. Glad your eyes are all fixed up!
    Sounds like a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that your surgery was a success Belinda!

    Happy early birthday to Bailey. I hope she has a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Goose. I will be sure to tell Bailey.

      Delete
  3. Oh I am so glad that you are seeing better! Wonderful news! I love that you found the shower head when you needed one. Happy 24th birthday to Bailey!! Hope she has a wonderful day. A nacho bar and chocolate cake sounds delicious! The fiesta chicken sounds so good too. I love sour cream and cream cheese dishes.
    Hope you have a great weekend. Are you going to yard sales? We went to a church yard sale last saturday, and my girl had so much fun buying all the clothes that she could put in a bag for $2. Can't beat that price. I crammed some dress shirts in a bag to get for my son too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. How neat that you found such a bargain at the yard sale. I love that. I think we are going to take the weekend off from yard sales for her birthday, but we will go back next weekend for sure.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to Bailey! I' with her on the chocolate cake! What a find at the yard sale. I was tempted to stop at one this morning, but need to get things out of m house, not brought in, but there are a couple things that might make life a bit easier that if found cheaply, would be worth a stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam. I love to yard sale, but I know what you mean about needing to get things out too.

      Delete
  5. Wow 24 she is getting up there, grey hair soon. P.S. Don't tell her that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha, Kim. I won’t tell her. Tee Hee

      Delete
  6. I am thrilled your eyes are doing well!
    Early Happy Birthday to Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing Bailey a Happy Birthday.

    So glad to read your sight is doing so well.

    Copying that chicken recipe as it sounds so good.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. Bailey really liked the chicken since it was saucy. I hope you enjoy it too. :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, Arlene. We were so tickled with that find.

      Delete
  9. Belinda, I am so happy & relieved for you. This is such great news. I can't believe Bailey is 24. Happy Birthday sweet girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy your vision is restored!!! Enjoy your blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to Bailey!

    Hope you two have a wonderful Sunday, Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nil. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday too!

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...