Monday, November 5, 2018

This Week In My Frugal Kitchen

Saturday


Cheeseburgers
Cabbage & Kale salad

Sunday & Monday


Mostaccioli
Salad (not pictured)
Garlic Bread

This is what you would call a truly frugal meal. I used pasta bought on sale (50¢), Italian sausage bought on markdown ($1.99), sauce - crash & burn (49¢), and made garlic bread out of brioche buns (38¢) on markdown. So, less than $3 and there is plenty left for another meal. 

Tuesday

When I did my pantry inventory last week I knew I had everything on hand to make Bean & Cheese Enchiladas, although I didn't have any enchilada sauce. 

I did have a package of California dried chilis however, and so I used a variation of this recipe to make my own enchilada sauce. 

I think I like it even better than canned enchilada sauce. 

Wednesday 
Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli

Thursday
Deconstructed Egg Rolls
Steamed Broccoli

Sunday

I made a large stockpot filled with chili. Enough to last a few days at least. I think we will have chili tacos for dinner on Monday night. 

Beverages This Week
Water
Sweet Iced Tea
Iced Herbal Teas
Apple Juice
Orange Cream Soda

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to enchilada sauce recipe, Belinda.
    I have one can of enchilada sauce left, so I might try the homemade version. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray! Homemade enchilada sauce is SO easy. I think I made enchiladas two or three times before I went, "These cans are kind of expensive. Can I make my own?" I did a bit of searching, and yes indeed I could, and so I did, and I've never gone back to cans. I think it's one of those things that's even better the longer the flavors have to mix and meld together, so I always try to get it started earlier in the day.

    Sounds like a delicious week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are expensive, aren't they, Stephanie. I've always thought they were high. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  3. I always use dried chiles to make my own sauce. I just ran out of chiles on last week's batch so I need to find a new source for them. So much better than the runny canned stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipes I love enchiladas but dislike the canned sauce plus it can be pricey.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...