Friday, November 16, 2018

Thanksgiving Day Recipe Series ~ Sweet Potato Casserole

Here is another tried and true favorite family recipe, which came from my friend Joan Beene in Evansville, Tennessee. She gave this back to me in 1990 when we lived in Graysville, Tennessee. 

Sweet Potato Casserole

Ingredients:

3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

Topping Ingredients:

1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup flour
1/2 stick butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix casserole ingredients together and mash. 
Place in a buttered casserole dish
Cover with topping
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

12 comments:

  1. This sounds very tasty, Belinda.
    Once I made a sweet potato casserole where the recipe called for marshmallows. I found it too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Nil. I don't care for the marshmallows on mine either.

      Delete
  2. Belinda,
    May I ask if you still follow CT on a Budget? I have followed Carol's blog for years, but have been unable to find it recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she moved her blog over to Facebook.

      Here is a link to the group:

      https://www.facebook.com/groups/454163061728811/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf

      All you need to do is answer a few questions and then wait on Carol to add you to the group. It's CTonabudget on Facebook. Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, Catherine. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks. Belinda. I was looking for a similar recipe. I prefer white mashed potatoes but that casserole is more of a dessert and so GOOD! I have all the ingredients too YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, Belinda. lol. The casserole recipe would be a lovely dessert. Then there is sweet potato pie.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...