Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Leftover Wizardry


Tonight was a very successful leftover concoction. While at work today I was thinking about what to make for dinner. I knew I had some leftover filling from the stuffed peppers Monday night, and thought that would make a good basis for a casserole. I decided to take some tortillas, cheese, sour cream, the filling, and some lettuce and tomatoes. 

I started with a layer of tortillas, which I cut into triangles. Then I added  a layer of the filling followed by a layer of sour cream and then cheese. I had enough filling to repeat for one more layer. I bake this in the oven for 30 minutes and chopped up some lettuce and tomatoes. When the casserole was done, I put a serving on each plate and topped it with lettuce and tomatoes. 

I was tired from work, so did not get a photo of this, but my family loved it and there was none left afterwards, so I would say it was a success. Something I will definitely try again. 

Any successful leftover wizardry at your home recently? 

Belinda
Live simply by not spending money you don't have.
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011 - 2015.

4 comments:

  1. I am eating any leftovers for lunch at the moment. It's those leftovers that you think might not work, that end up being the best combinations I find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious, Belinda!
    One of my favorite uses for leftovers is a cup or so of leftover, homemade soup tossed with cooked rice, and topped with cheese or buttered bread crumbs and baked, for a casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good combination, Belinda. Rice is a favorite addition to leftovers here. More often, we freeze leftovers in usable ways for later meals. Too often, we waste leftover food that we store in fridge; so, freezer is better for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the freezer is the way to go to save money. I am loving my new freezer. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...