Saturday, August 30, 2014

Saturday

Another hot and humid day here in southeastern Tennessee. We had some rain this evening as a result. 



My daughter and I went to McKay's this afternoon to do a little bit of trading. We went through our books and movies and sorted out the ones we are finished with for the time being. We came back with two movies, Frozen and Divergent, two books, and $53.00 in cash. Definitely a good trade. 

Before we left I woke up early this morning and started laundry right away. I cleaned the bathroom, emptied the last of the cat food into the canister and cleaned up that area of the hallway, then washed what few dishes were in the kitchen sink. I can go to bed with an empty sink, but incredibly there are always a couple of dishes in there when I wake up. ;)

In the kitchen today, I washed all the breakfast dishes and made up two single size servings of stir fry (from leftovers not eaten this week) and placed them into the freezer. These will be great to include in a lunch one day soon. 

Meals today included...

Breakfast 

For me: 
Biscuit (leftover from Thursday dinner)
Red Grapes
Water to drink

For my daughter:
Fried Eggs
Biscuit with Butter (last one)
Sweet Tea

Lunch was Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches and dinner was Homemade Pizza. I did not feel like cooking at all tonight. I have been getting sick all week and will probably go to the walk in clinic in the morning. 

The couple who wanted the trampoline came by today and picked it up. They have 5 grandchildren who will enjoy it now, so that makes me feel good knowing that someone will love it again like my daughter did. 

We stopped in at one yard sale today where the lady was selling hard back books for $1.00 and paperbacks for 50¢. The lady hosting the sale brought my daughter a bag and said she could fill it up for $5.00 and my daughter told her she only had $4.00 and the lady told her that would be just fine. She was thrilled!

It is so wonderful looking forward to a three day weekend, which is a real treat. I am hoping to get a lot of things done around the house. My home is my castle and it makes me feel good to tend to things around here, cleaning and creating order. It also helps the work week to run smoother, which also helps to keep stress to a minimum. 

I hope you are having a good weekend.  :)

Belinda
CFO ~ Chief Frugal Officer
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011-2014.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...