Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday, Monday

Use It Up ~ Pantry

This is the time of year when my income is lower than any other time of the year, so it is a good time to use up what is in my pantry to make meals and snacks. I didn't have any cheese, but did have a can of cheddar cheese soup and a smidgen of Velveeta cheese that was leftover and used those things to make rice and cheese for lunch today. I served it with a side of broccoli. It was a big hit! 

Jello Cups & Sweet Tea

While I was in the pantry I noticed three tiny cans of apricots that were not being eaten and I always have Jello on hand, so I made up eight cups of jello fruit cups to have this week as well. I also made three gallons of iced tea to have throughout the week. We have been drinking a lot more than usual since it has been unseasonably hot here already. We've been going through one to two gallons a day, so hopefully this will last a couple of days anyway. 

Backwoods Home Frugal Forum

I don't know if you are familiar with Backwoods Home Magazine or not, but they have a frugal living message board if you are interested in reading one. It's not very active and I only check in once every 6 months or so, but I enjoy reading there and it reminds me of the Saving Money Old Style forums

Here is a link if you are interested in reading this forum. 

Backwoods Home Magazine Fugal Living Forum


Doctor Visit

I'm off to the doctor's office this afternoon, so I will check back in later today or tomorrow. I hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon. 


Belinda
CFO ~ Chief Frugal Officer
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011-2014.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”

2 comments:

  1. I've just begun making iced tea for the warm weather season. Not as hot, here, but I do drink a lot of iced tea beginning late May, through early September.

    That sounds like a great use for the cheddar soup! Way to get creative!
    Have a great Day, and I look forward to more updates from you, now that school is out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love iced tea, Lili and drink it year round, but even more so at this time of the year.

      Thanks on the soup. I figured my crew would eat it and they did. lol

      A break from school is just the ticket right now. lol Thanks again. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...