Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Crash & Burn



My Mother had a doctor's appointment in town today, so I dropped her off and made  a quick run to Bi-Lo to see what they had in their Crash & Burn section. You can probably tell I took these photos in the van while I was waiting on her to finish. 

I found 6 items in all, and here is the list:

1 can Campbell's Chunky Chicken Broccoli Soup - 65¢
1 can Campbell's Broccoli Cheese Soup - 85¢
1 can (29 ounce) Peaches - 85¢
1 can Peas - 50¢
2 boxes Lime Jell-O - 50¢ each

I found it funny that the better quality Campbell's Chunky Soup cost less than the smaller can of Broccoli Cheese soup. I guess it just depends on who is doing the pricing that day. 

Have you found any good deals in the Crash & Burn section lately?


Belinda
© Belinda Richardson and Frugal Workshop, 2012.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”

4 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda,
    I can't make a trip to Albertsons without a pass by the markdown racks. Last time I found cone-shaped coffee filters for my ancient one-cup-at-a -time coffee maker. They were marked down to 94c for 40 (reg. price about $2.75). Still expensive, but I get several uses out of each one, as they are sturdy enough for me to dump them out and place them back into the basket. I bought every box they had, which was 4. So I'm set for a while.

    Looks like you're set for St. Patrick's Day or Christmas on the green jello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good deal on those coffee filters, Lili! I love, love, love getting good deals like that especially when I can get enough to last for a long time. :)

      Yes, I love green/lime jello especially when it is pared with pears. It is so good and refreshing. :)

      Delete
  2. We don't have a crash and burn spot in the stores I frequent. I wonder what they do with those things...lol

    Do you ever make jello cake? A Christmas cake of red and green would be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bi-lo is the only store to still have this section, Shara. I sure wish more stores had it, I can't imagine what the other stores do with these items.

      I love green jello pared with pears. :) Yum!

      I've not made any jello cakes, but seen the recipes. A red and green one for Christmas would be pretty. :) Thanks for the idea.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...