Friday, April 26, 2024

Fourth Frugal Friday of April 2024

 

Welcome to Frugal Friday! 

My Frugal Week

It's springtime in Tennessee and with that brings folklore about the cold weather snaps. This week we experienced Blackberry Winter when the blackberries are in bloom. 

There are three main Tennessee springtime winters:

Redbud Winter usually arrives in March
Dogwood Winter runs from late March through early April
Blackberry Winter comes around the first of May 

When my birthday arrives in May, we know the cool weather has passed for the season. Same can be said in Autumn, when Bailey's birthday rolls around in late October, we know the hot weather is gone for the season. 


The representative for my trunk pump came last Friday to measure me. He had a family emergency the Friday before, which is why he didn't come. So now he will submit this to my insurance company and start the waiting period. 

On Saturday I had some errands to run and then came home and did some laundry. Bailey was running low on inventory, so it was a good time to go through my clothes and sort out any I no longer wear. Afterwards, I steamed them for her. I measured them on Tuesday and she had them listed by the end of the week. 

On Wednesday evening members of the church come by as I had some stuff to donate for their yard sale. They left here with two pickup truck loads to sell. They serve our community by giving away free food every two weeks and are using the funds from the sale towards this project and I can't think of a better place to donate these items. 

Freebies

The Fussy Librarian and Robin Reads are both websites offering free books to read.  

Photo of the Week


Bailey saved money this week by using up multiple press on nails. She had several left over, but not enough for a whole set. She called them Frankenstein nails. The ladies at her book club thought they were so cute. 

Savings of the Week

After physical therapy on Thursday I went into Food City for some sweet potatoes and found a package of cube steak and a package of round steak on markdown. So, I picked those up and put them in the freezer. It's been a long time since we've had either of those. 

It's been a quiet week here, how was your week? Any frugal wins to share?


Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


20 comments:

  1. Not a big frugal week, but I like how Hawaii Plan surmised that when you're careful regularly with spending some weeks won't feel frugal. That's a definitely positive return on donating old items for the church sale. Feeding our neighbors in tough times helps build community. It's another nice legacy left by your dad with his things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really good point, Sam. I feel that way too that when you are careful with your money some weeks don't feel frugal. Thank you, yes I feel that was the best way to help out our community in honor of my Dad. :)

      Delete
  2. Great place to donate to! I love her nails - that seems to be the thing now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! We had Blackberry Winter here too in SC. It was fin to read that and that someone else knows about it. It is the same with my May birthday and waiting for the real warm up. I can always tell who are newbies in our area because they plant too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Newbies do plant too soon. We wait until after this cold spell from blackberry Winter and then we are good to go. It is fun to read about this folklore in other areas too.

      Delete
  4. A few wins at our house:
    -Dealt with a complicated flight credit
    -Sold a few things on eBay
    -Redeemed Fetch points for an Amazon gift card
    -Used an expiring $2 Rite Aid reward
    -Ate lots of leftovers!
    (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a very good week in your home. Love it!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good week! So glad you were able to get started with the pump paperwork, and I hope insurance will approve it quickly. Hope therapy is going well and that you will feel better. I'm sure the church appreciates all the donations too. Bailey's nails are so pretty.
    It has been cool here too, and I'm glad my tomato plants survived in the greenhouse. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I hope the Insurance company approves my pump quickly too. I would just love that. My PT is going very well and while my shoulder is not back to 100%, it is better than it was when I started. Oh, I'm glad your tomatoes survived too! I know Vickie wrote on her blog today that she lost one of hers.

      I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  6. I think donating to a church yard sale where you know the profits will go directly to help with food for those who need it is a win/win situation.
    No frugal wins here, but no outrageous expenses either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I think it's a win-win situation too. That's great that you had no outrageous expenses this week. We definitely don't like it when those pop up.

      Delete
  7. I love Bailey's nails and I love that you donated to the church. We have delayed grocery shopping till now but we need some half and half so we will have to go soon. Just no good deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ve not seen any good deals here on groceries either. Maybe this next week we’ll see some, let’s hope so anyway.

      Delete
  8. Got my results from the doctor, brought some plants home that Kris started, spent money to save money in the long run. It has actually been a pretty darn good week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a blessing to be able to donate to help feed the less fortunate! Everybody wins this scenario. in Bailey's nails look cool! Wishing you both a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. Gee. I hope you also have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  10. I LOVE her Frankenstein Nails lol....I've been trying to paint my nails lately, it's one of the few "girlie" things I do! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely a girlie thing to do and such good self care too.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...