Monday, November 20, 2023

Saving Money in my Frugal Kitchen #3 of November 2023 ~ Menu Plan Monday

Saving Money in my Frugal Kitchen

My Frugal Week & Photo of the Week

Someone gave me a bag full of apples this week that reminded me of gleaned produce. I was happy to get them and made baked apples with some of them on Saturday and Sunday night to go with dinner. 

The iCloud storage on my phone was almost full, so I went through my photos and typed out the ones that were recipes, so I could delete them from my phone. That way I don't have to pay for additional storage each month.

I made cornbread on Sunday afternoon getting ready to make Dressing for us this week. I like doing one task like this each day leading up to a holiday instead of wearing myself out doing everything on the same day.

To avoid food waste, I also took the leftover Egg Roll in a Bowl from Friday night for lunch on Saturday. I divided it into six eggroll wrappers and air fried them for five minutes. We still had two left for lunch on another day. 

I served them with this peanut sauce:

Peanut Sauce

Ingredients:

¼ cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon water
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon garlic

Recipe of the Week

 Asian Cucumber Salad

Ingredients:


1/2 cup rice vinegar

2 tablespoons sugar

1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root

1 tablespoon sesame seeds

2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced

1/2 cup red onion, chopped


Directions


Whisk together rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds, until well combined.

Add cucumbers and red onion.

Mix well.

Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.


Beverages This Week


Water

Sweet or Unsweet Tea

Lemonade

Pineapple Lemonade

Vanilla Soy Milk

Chocolate Soy Milk

Egg Nog

Chocolate Milk

 

What’s for Dinner


Monday ~ Grilled Chicken Bowls with Mexican Rice, Pinto Beans, Corn Salsa, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onions, and Cheese. 

Tuesday ~ Chicken BBQ Pizza

Wednesday ~ Long day out of the house, so leftovers to the rescue. 

Thursday ~ Pizza & Salads

Friday ~ Bailey was at book club, so I took the night off from cooking and had homemade popcorn with cheese for dinner.

Saturday ~ Egg Roll in a Bowl, Baked Apples, Broccoli. 

Sunday ~ Jambalaya using shrimp and sausage, Baked Apples, Corn. 

What may be on the menu this week…

Chili & Mexican Cornbread
Baked Beanie Weenies
BBQ Baked Potatoes 
Chicken & Dressing Rollups
Cottage Pie


Belinda
~ Homemaker at Heart ~
Mortgage & Debt Free
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27


18 comments:

  1. Good idea to put the egg roll in a bowl into eggroll wrappers and cook in the airfryer. Great menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of using what you have and stretching things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda your meals always sound so good. I still have a few home grown apples in the fridge. I think I'll make small apple loaf cakes and freeze them. I mainly want the cores and peels to make into apple cider vinegar.
    My week ended in a frugal fail. I had a #10 can of peaches bust a seam. Luckily I found it shortly after it happened but it was still a mess. I have a small laundry room no pantry so we'd screwed media shelves to one wall. Of course the juice went under the bottom. I had to unload it so it could be taken out to clean under it. I wish I'd taken a picture before I unloaded it. It would have taken the guesswork out of putting it all back in place. The peaches still smelled and looked ok so I my 15 year old goat Daisy got a treat.
    Belinda I hope you have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sky. Oh, what a mess with the peach can! Sometimes these things happen. I had a bag of frozen blueberries in my car and they were forgotten about, so now I am going to have to feed them to something else. Ugh, I feel your pain. We also hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Oops that was me, Sky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great menu plans there and very smart to put the eggroll in a bowl in the wrappers. No waste there.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super smart use of the leftover egg roll bowl!
    I love a cucumber salad. Your recipe sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. I like the cucumber salad at the Asian restaurants here and this one is very similar.

      Delete
  7. Yummy recipes! And I love how you turned the leftover eggroll in a bowl into eggrolls with that peanut sauce. Sounds delicious.
    I made your hawaiian chicken recipe again last week, and it is so good.
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. Yum, we really like the Hawaiian chicken recipe here too. It's been a while since I made that one, so I need to make it soon,

      We hope that you and yours also have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  8. I have been cooking one or two things a week for three weeks. I need to make green bean casserole, bake pumpkin pie. If I don't get the dressing made, I will use Stove Top Stuffing. It helps to get it done ahead of time. When I was young and able, I did it all on Wednesday or Thanksgiving Day. No more. Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does help to get those things done ahead of time, Linda. It would wear me out to do it all on the same day now too. When I was younger it was so much easier. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  9. I'm just like you, yesterday I made the cornbread and this morning I boiled the eggs I put in the dressing. In between I'm doing a Fall cleaning as I go. This afternoon I'll make the desserts. I'm hungry already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Me too, Vickie. Is it to early to start eating? LOL I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...