Friday, September 23, 2022

Fourth Frugal Friday September 2022


Welcome to Friday! 

Quote of the Week
Meat costs about three times more than vegetables yet yields sixteen times less nutrition…vegetables net you forty-eight times more nutrition per dollar than meat.” 
~ from How Not to Die by Michael Greger, M.D., FACLM
Price of Gas this Week

$3.06

My Frugal Week

We went to several yard sales on Saturday. We brought sandwiches from home with us and did not eat out. 

That was the day to find jars for my kitchen. I found six glass canister type jars, three large plastic canisters, one Tupperware bowl, and two egg containers. I love getting new to me stuff for my kitchen at a fraction of the cost. 

This weeks post is going to be short. I started feeling sick on Sunday and ended up in the ER on Tuesday evening. They ended up giving me an antibiotic via IV and sent me home with a prescription.

I feel better than I did, but am not back to 100% yet, so please forgive my short post this week. I’ll make up for it next week. 

Some Meals This Week

Friday: Tuna Salad, Potato Salad, and Celery Sticks with Ranch for dipping. 

Saturday: BBQ Sandwiches, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, and Corn.

Sunday: Taco Style Lentils & Rice, Corn Tortillas, Tomatoes, Cheese

Thursday: Dirty Rice, Tik Tok Potatoes 

Recipe of the Week

This was a recipe from my sweet sister-in-law, Joan. She made it for us when we were both teenagers in 1982. It’s delicious. 

Joan’s Shrimp Pilaf

Ingredients:

1 stick butter
1/2 cup water
1 onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 quart tomatoes
1 cup rice
3 cups water
Shrimp 

Directions:

Boil first three ingredients until water is gone. 
Add tomatoes, water, rice, and shrimp.
Cook until done. 

Saving on Entertainment

This week we watched…

Scattered Dreams ~ for free on YouTube. In 1951 a poor illiterate migrant farm worker is wrongly imprisoned for not being able to pay a grocery bill. Upon her release from prison, she sets out to reclaim her children. This film shows that you can be rich in ways that money can’t buy. An excellent film with an outstanding cast. 

Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.

Belinda
Debt Free & 
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you ended up so sick. I hope taking care of yourself was your number on priority. Your kitchen finds were winners and meals looked terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get back to feeling 100% quickly. Take care. Your gas prices are cheaper than ours. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Penpen here. So sorry you’ve been sick. I hope you are feeling better . I love finding things for my kitchen and sewing room when I’m thrifting. My favorite find recently was a $10 bread machine that was like brand new. It’s been a fun toy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you're not feeling well! Here's hoping the antibiotics work & you are on the mend quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the illness, it must have been sudden and severe. Our gas is up to 4.14 again here. UHG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Belinda! No fun being sick. Hope you feel better soon - until then, take care of yourself, get lots of rest, and stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you will be feeling better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to watch that movie. It sounds wonderful.

    Hope you are feeling better now.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...