Saturday, August 13, 2022

Second Frugal Friday of August 2022



Welcome to Friday! 

Quote of the Week
Speak to people in a way that if they died tomorrow, you’d be satisfied with the last thing you said to them. And I can’t emphasize that enough.
My Frugal Week

I’m sorry I didn’t get this posted on Friday. It’s been another busy week here. We took our new kitten, Beaux, to be neutered. The vet we used is in Chattanooga, so, rather than waste gas, we had to find things to do until he was ready to go home at 3:00. Yard sales were a bust, but we ran all of our errands, so that was good. 

Other things that happened this week include calling Kimberly Clark about an inferior product I was using and they are sending me a $24 Visa card to replace the products I purchased. It pays to let companies know when a product is inferior. 


I received another survey from Consumer Opinion Institute along with $5.00 for completing the survey. It’s odd to receive two of these in the same quarter, but it does happen sometimes

I had some 32 cent stamps I found in my Mom’s room after she passed that were no longer sticky. I used two per envelope this week for some correspondence for her and taped them around the edges so USPS would accept them. They received more money than a first class stamp and they didn’t cost me anything. A win-win situation. 

Saturday was laundry & garbage day, plus we put together a new garden shed we bought from Home Depot, also cleaned out the pantry to store items back there and pulled more consignment items, so it was a work filled day. 

Meals This Week

Friday:  Chicken Sandwich, Rice & Cheese, Mixed Vegetables. 

Saturday:  Salmon Patties, Roasted Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts. 

Sunday: Homemade Italian Sausage Meatballs & Sauce, Spaghetti. 

Monday: Italian Pasta Salad using the noodles from Sunday night dinner. 

Tuesday: Movie Night Pizza

Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Burritos, Cilantro Brown Rice, Fresh Veggies. 

Thursday: Dirty Rice, Corn on the Cob.

Money Saving Links

@itsbrittanybakes on TikTok has a series of freezer meals on her page to help fight inflation. She says times are tough, eat at home. This week is a short blog post as we are preparing for company on Sunday. I hope you all have a blessed week and I’ll be back again next Friday.


Belinda
Debt Free & 
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree



24 comments:

  1. The finding enough to do out of town while waiting can be a budget buster. You did well running errands and getting things done while waiting for kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that can be such a budget buster. I’m glad we managed to do ok with it.

      Delete
  2. Nothing better than free money!!! WTG.
    Hope kitty is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, so true, Cheryl. Beaux is doing well. He is having to wear a cone which he doesn’t like very much, but he is doing well. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I looked for you yesterday. I enjoy reading about your week. Great on finding stamps and being able to use them. I’ve been redoing my living room and have had way too many Amazon packages lately. It’s time to buckle down for me. I’m planning some crockpot meals and hope to cut back on my spending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Penny. We left home at 7 am, so it was early.

      I kwym on cutting back on spending. We tend to put things off and then they pile up what we need. Beaux needed ear mite treatment yesterday too, so that was another $10, but well worth it for his comfort.

      The crockpot meals will help keep your house cool too.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Vickie. I sent you a message on your blog.

      Delete
  4. I need to buy a garden shed, but still haven't seen a decent price. :) I should check Home Depot again.

    Was it hard to assemble?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very easy to assemble, Nil. It only took a few minutes in fact.

      Delete
  5. Woo hoo with the found money. I get it about staying in the same place instead of spending the gas to go back and forth. I could just spend time sitting at the riverwalk and people watching if it weren't so hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would have been a great idea here too. We have a carousel at the river park here. It’s a beautiful place to spend an afternoon.

      Delete
  6. Good for you in getting the errands done while waiting for Beaux. Too bad the garage and yard sales were a bust.

    Your menu sounds wonderful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love finding old stamps--free money. I am afraid the bit of tape will not hold so I usually put a dab of Elmer's Glue first or the inside of an egg. The moist inside of an egg was what Mama taught me was used during the depression for glue. Of course, I let the stamped envelope dry before I used scotch tape.
    How far are you from Chattanooga? We always try to several things once we leave for Cullman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a neat rip about the egg glue. We are about 45 to 50 miles from Chattanooga, so we have to make it worth our time to go there.

      Delete
  8. Great job making the most of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love that quote, thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope that little Beaux is doing ok, and I'm sure he will be back to his kittenish hijinks soon. :)
    Glad you were able to get your errands done while you were waiting.
    Hope you have a fun time with your company, and I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. He is doing great when he doesn’t wear the collar and is a happy kitty, but he would leave his would alone, so he has to wear it which makes his lethargic.

      We did have fun with our company, thank you.

      I hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  11. Hi Brenda I was receiving your posts via my Google email address and recently (last 4 posts) they stopped. It is my understanding that Blogger stopped sending emails. Is this correct? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized I didn’t get mine in my email either. Thank you for letting me know. I will definitely check into this.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...