Sunday, June 6, 2021

Yard Sale Saturday

It's amazing what you can find when you source for second hand items consistently. Remember Amy Dacyczyn said, In order to find good deals it requires going to multiple yard sales because the items for sale are unpredictable.

Here are some things we found for ourselves this weekend. 

I do not include inventory for Bailey's shops in my blog posts. 


This is a set of Christmas lights that Bailey picked up to ask how much the lady wanted for them. The lady said, "$2.00" and Bailey started to set them back down on the table to think about it. The lady, thinking that Bailey didn't want  them, quickly said, "$1.00! I don't want to take anything back in the house". LOL...we both thought it was so funny. 


This was the best find of the day, a Dyson fan for $5.00. Back when Bailey was little I can remember looking at one of these fans at Best Buy and they were over $100 at that time, but they cost even more now. This one has a hot and cold setting. The remote control is missing, but you do not need it to operate the fan. 


Three Pyrex glass bowls with lids for $1.00 each.


A brand new unwrapped Uno Attack game for $1.00.


A brand new Yahtzee game and Scrabble game, brand new still in the wrapper, $2.50 for both. 


Six vintage board games from the sellers childhood. She wanted $10 for all of them. 

We like getting the vintage games because the game pieces are usually much nicer than the modern versions of the same games. Hasbro has retired the thimble, boot, and wheelbarrow in Monopoly, so any of the old ones you find now are retired. 

Some people sell them online like this onePlus if you wanted to sell the pieces separately online sometimes they are worth more individually than the whole game. 



A new to us comforter along with a decorative pillow for $5.00. Bailey needed a new one for her bed since hers had worn out over the winter.

These are the highlights from yard sales here this week. How abut you? Were you able to get to any yard sales this weekend? What kinds of goodies did you find?


Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

29 comments:

  1. Wow - those are some real finds! Nice work. Sounds like a fun day for you & Bailey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We usually always have fun at yard sales.

      Delete
  2. Great scores Belinda! I didn't make it out to any sales this weekend but looking forward to getting out there again. We don't see many here in Florida at this time of year, it's just too hot. The fall is the best time for them here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can imagine how hot it is there, Martha. Fall would definitely be a better to to yard sale.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I'm impressed by that Dyson fan. Great finds all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bobi. We were really tickled with the Dyson fan too.

      Delete
  4. Nice finds! Especially that pyrex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I went to one - my first in almost 2 years.
    I did get a 10 qt. NuWave air fryer (used once) for $10. I looked online and depending where you got it - prices ranged from $79 used to $150. I was happy. Been wanting to try one - but I sure wasn't going to spend a fortune in case I didn't like it.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How net on the Air Fryer, Cheryl. You'll have to let us know what you think abut it.

      Delete
  6. We went to a rummage sale and found a new muffin tin, salad dressing shaker, a set of plastic storage containers and paid $2 for everything. My daughter found 8 CD in good condition for $4. We are sticking to our list and not over buying. IT was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like some terrific finds, Amy. I love finding n things for pennies on the dollar.

      Delete
  7. Great finds! You really know what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds Belinda. I slept most of yesterday away. The second shot took more out of me than I thought it would, so no garage sales for me.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Jackie! I hope you are feeling better by now. The second shot was hard on my brother too. I hope you are feeling better today.

      Delete
  9. Great deals!
    I loved board games. So fun! I think my favorite was Life. I'll have to check my old Monopoly game and see what pieces are in there.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I love the game of Life. It was my favorite game growing up. We still play it from time to time now.

      I hope you have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  10. I bought a few months ago a Monopoly game from the 60s. It has the top hat, race car, Scotty, and boot! The money, board, and cards are in pristine condition. The box has been ruined with tape that when pulled off pulled off the box to leave bare cardboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow,, how neat! Those pieces are probably really nice being from the 60s. It's too bad they ruined the box with the tape, but ths game itself sounds really nice. :)

      Delete
  11. I love all your finds. I love the Dyson fan. The Pyrex is a treasure steal too. I was looking at Pyrex this weekend at WalMart & I had sticker shock. I love, love, love all the games. The comforter set is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Safyne. It was a good yard sale weekend for sure.

      Delete
  12. Score!!! That fan looks awesome! I have collected a few retired monopoly pieces, my favorite being the thimble.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds, Belinda. Those Pyrex containers are very useful.

    This weekend one of my neighbors had a garage sale. Saturday I bought a basket for 50 cents, and then they had more stuff on Sunday so I bought two pieces of fabric, $1 each. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nil. Good deals on both the fabric and the basket. Those are items I would have looked at too.

      Delete
  14. Great deals Belinda! I think the Pyrex bowls with lids were the best deal, they would have been for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great deals!I have pretty good success parting out vintage games.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Solid deals I love uno, the switch card is a killer lol, Great finds I do love a good yard sale.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...