Friday, October 23, 2020

Frugal Friday



Welcome to Friday!

In My Frugal Kitchen

We did not buy any groceries this week, but used what we have here other than one birthday dinner. And we stretched those leftovers over several different meals this week. 

Michigan State University has three budget minded cookbooks on their site, if you're interested. 

Budget Saving Recipes

Stretching Food Dollars: Meal Planning Hints And Budget-Wise Recipes [1972]

Stretching Food Dollars: Meal Planning Hints And Budget-Wise Recipes [1973]

Balancing Money and Menus


Meals This Week

Broccoli & Carrot Soup
Grilled Chicken, Mexican Rice, Grilled Vegetables
Grilled Salmon, Brown Rice, Stir Fried Vegetables
Vegetable Lasagna & Salad
Japanese Dinner
Leftovers


Frugal Entertainment

Saturday was Bailey's 23rd birthday and she wanted to have a Harry Potter movie marathon, so that is what we watched this week for entertainment. We also ordered and had delivered her favorite Japanese food and I made her a birthday cake to celebrate. 

Other Frugal Things


We received a free bottle of gummie vitamins this week from FGBG. 

We made another batch of homemade sanitizing wipes using coffee filters. If you find that one wipe does not work for you, simply double them up as two wipes together is stronger and only costs two cents. 

Taco Bell is offering a Free Doritos Locos Taco at Taco Bell on October 28, 2020.



The dryer repairman did not make his Monday appointment this week due to an emergency, so he rescheduled for Wednesday, but was a no show. So, I made a few calls and had someone come on Thursday to fix the dryer vent and someone else came today to attach the dryer cord.   As of right now we already have two loads washed and dried. It's great to be back in business with the laundry. 

We had to go to Lowes to get a dryer cord this week and also had to buy gas. We stopped at our usual station where the price was $1.64 a gallon, but they were out of gas, so we went to the 76 station and paid $1.84 per gallon. 

BaileyAlexInc


We've been pet sitting this week for extra money. 

I sold two things on eBay this week, which will go towards bills this week. 

That is our week in a nutshell. How was your week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree


Would you like to support my site?

If you are encouraged by what you read here, please consider supporting this site via one of these ways. 

As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small percentage that doesn't increase what you pay and helps me to earn a living here at Frugal Workshop. This means that any items you place in your cart and purchase within 24 hours after going to Amazon from one of my links means I will earn a small percentage from that sale. 

So, if you're going to be making a purchase from Amazon this week, I would certainly appreciate it if you would help me by going through my Amazon link to support my site. 

 2. My PayPal Tip Jar

19 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Bailey! What a fun way to celebrate!
    Your meals sound delicious. I'm glad you have a dryer.
    Thanks for the books.
    What cute pups! Hope they are good to pet sit.
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. These two are well trained dogs and are always a pleasure to pet sit. One time we watched one of their friends dog and she was very needy. LOL
      I'm glad you will enjoy the books.
      I hope you have a good weekend too. :)

      Delete
  2. It's been light on eBay sales this week, so glad you had a few sales & have the pet sitting. That's great!

    Happy belated birthday to Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your eBay sales pick up this week.

      Delete
  3. I will definitely be looking at those cookbooks. Love frugal and interesting recipes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, Jackie. I hope you enjoy them. God bless you too. :)

      Delete
  4. $1.77 was the lowest here for gas. You had a ery thrifty week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You have a good price on gas there too. My Dad always says, "It could be better". LOL

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to Bailey..a Japanese birthday dinner sounds delicious!
    Your gas is a great price. We ran to get gas when it was $1.94 a day ago then it just jumped to $2.15!
    Thankyou for the links I'm going to look at them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vickie. The Japanese dinner was really good. I hope you enjoy those books. You got in on good price on gas too before it jumped, that's great.

      I hope you enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to Bailey! Japanese food sounds really good. I'm going to have to make us some next week. Glad you were able to get the dryer fixed. I've only shopped once this month, $198. We should be able to make it through the end of the month without shopping again. We had the huge unexpected expense of a new fridge and everything in the fridge section had to be thrown away - that really hurt. Luckily everything in the freezer was still fine and frozen solid. I'm back to selling books on Instagram to bring in some extra. So far so good! Glad you are finding ways to make some extra too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. I' sorry you have had to buy a new fridge. You can spend a petty penny on those. The one we have is too small I feel like We should have bought a bigger one. I'm sorry you lost your fridge food, but glad you were able to save the freezer food. That's great. That's great that you are getting to sell books on Instagram. Every little bit of Income helps.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the birthday wishes, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very happy birthday to Bailey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to Bailey! Sounds like you two had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great frugal week Belinda. :) I did have to go grocery shopping...when Halloween arrives, I kind of lose my frugal nature lol...But here is a bit of good news...I got a new credit card for the sole intention of transferring my balance from my old one. I got a great deal that all balance transfers will be charged only 1.9% interest for the first year, so I will be able to really take a HUGE chunk of my credit card debt away with such little interest. All it required was me going to the bank to sign some papers! Also we "shopped" around for carpenters to build us a stair case from the main floor to the basement. I'm glad we did because we finally found an older gentleman who is retired but still does under the table work for locals, he lives just 5 minutes away and will do the work for 1/4 of what the other companies wanted to charge. So happy about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Rain, that is great news about your credit card interest rate! I am so happy for you and tickled that you found someone to do the stair case for 1/4 of the going price. Way to go! You are going to save so much money.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...