Tuesday, October 15, 2019

My Frugal Week

There is a shortage of substitute teachers in our school district right now, which has been to my advantage. Last week I worked every day for the second week in a row. This week we are out for fall break, so I'm grateful I worked every day the last two weeks. 

Last Sunday I made vegetable soup again for lunches throughout the week. We ate that for lunches until it was gone. As a result my pantry has seen a reduction in inventory, which is a good thing to use up those items. 

One night I made spaghetti for dinner, which also used up some random smaller jars of sauce we had on hand. 


This week I perused the grocery store sale ads online. Yesterday we ended up at Kroger and found two pizzas on markdown for $2.49 each and several yogurts marked at 39¢ and 19¢.  

We also found three organic brown rice spaghetti for 25¢ each. 


My daughter found two shirts and two pairs of shorts for me while thrift shopping this week. She says because she is consistent with her thrifting that she is able to find things that I might not find only going once or twice every few months. So, consistency is the key to finding what you need. 

Becky over at Frugal Measures was writing about that when speaking about finding dehydrators second hand this week. 

This week my daughter will celebrate her birthday, so I'm making her this cake: Cherry Dr. Pepper cake


 I bought her a special pillowcase for her birthday from Patsy at Pillowcases by Patsy who also runs the A Working Pantry blog. Bailey was thrilled with the pillowcase and I gave it to her early, so she could enjoy it all week. 

Our movie night this week consisted of one of the $2.49 pizzas while we watched Rainman on YouTube for free


We are going to enjoy our week on fall break and go out to eat at least once for a birthday dinner. I hope you have a great week. 

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

20 comments:

  1. I could sub every day here also, but I make more sewing and I always get sick being around all those kids. So the doctor put a nix on subbing, although I will still go in under special circumstances. Your daughter is right thrifting all the time leads to the good deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. The flu is going around right now and you definitely do not need that.

      Delete
  2. Again, always nice to get your emails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Belinda,
    Happy birthday to your daughter!!! I hope that you and she have a great time celebrating, while enjoying your fall break.

    Those yogurts and pasta were a fabulous find.Good shopping!
    Now I'll go check out those links. Have a good evening, Belinda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lili. I was tickled with the yogurts and pasta for sure. I hope you have a great week. :)

      Delete
  4. Lucky that the sub pool is stretched right now, but I am sure you are in demand anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anne. Some days I get more than one call, too bad I can't clone myself. LOL

      Delete
  5. That’s a great deal on organic rice spaghetti, Belinda. Those are usually expensive.

    I hope you have a wonderful fall break. And happy birthday to your daughter! 🎂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nil. They were telling me how expensive they were on one of the FB groups yesterday. I don't normally buy those. THank you for the fall break good wishes and the happy birthday for my daughter.

      Delete
  6. What a blessing to be able to get extra work!

    I love shopping the clearance section of my Food 4 Less (they are owned by and carry Kroger products). This week I found several cans of pureed tomatoes for 49 cents each, canned peas for 29 cents, pasta for 29 cents, cereal for $1.49, and 2 bags of Bob's Red Mill steel cut oats for 29 cents each). I have also been looking for great sales on non perishable items that I can add to the holiday baskets that are collected at work and at our local library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you, Nana. Wow, you found some great deals this week, especially the steel cut oats, those are so good. I hope you continue to find great sales for your holiday baskets. :)

      Delete
  7. I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday. That is great that you have been getting so many hours subbing. I love seeing all of the yellow marked down stickers. They make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marybeth. I love those yellow mark down stickers too. :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday to Bailey!!!

    Enjoy your fall break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Bailey!!! Such a pretty pillowcase.

    Good deals, Belinda. Really good deals. Pleased for you and steady subbing days, too. Being steadfast handling our lives wisely is the key.
    -memphis metro

    ReplyDelete
  10. The spaghetti was a really good deal. I'm glad you got extra subbing days in before the break.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...