Thursday, December 13, 2018

Christmas Recipe Series ~ Cheese Wafers Recipe

The first time I had cheese wafers was in Cleveland, Tennessee on Harle Avenue at a small hometown restaurant that has long since closed its doors. They offered these wafers on their salad bar. 

The restaurant would serve their iced tea with a little sprig of mint, which I thought was the neatest thing. We are going to include them in our finger food menu for Christmas Eve this year. 

Cheese Wafers

Ingredients:

12 ounces freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 stick butter at room temperature
1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper 
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:

Grate cheese and blend it together with the butter. 
Add flour, salt, and pepper and mix until dough comes together. 
Roll into small balls and flatten slightly with your fingertips. 
Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. 

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

7 comments:

  1. This is my MIL's recipe, too. She liked them more than any other cracker.

    You have posted cider punch, cheese ball, and cracker recipes. What's next? I wonder.

    Not a crafty person but have been enjoying Dollar Tree Crafts on YouTube. $4 wreath caught my eye. Many DIY table decorations, I find on FaceBook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look at the Dollar Tree crafts on YouTube, those sound neat. I'm thinking some ham and cheese sliders are next. We are doing finger foods for Christmas Eve this year. Keeping it simple and inexpensive. :)

      Delete
  2. I am a cheese fanatic and these sound heavenly. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda, I heard there was a magnitude 4 earthquake somewhere in TN. I thought about you when I heard it. Hope your area wasn't affected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did feel the earthquake here, but no worries we are fine. Thank you for asking. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, those sound like a yummy addition for a party!

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...