Friday, May 25, 2018

Frugal Friday ~ May 25, 2018


My daughter and I were pet sitting in Chattanooga this past week. Her friend went to Paris on a school trip and needed someone to stay with her dogs. 

We love pet sitting for her as it gives us a free place to stay in the city where we have be closer to the things we enjoy and she gets paid for it as well. 

I found 3¢ on the ground at Sonic when I stopped in to use their restroom while doing yard sales on Saturday. 

McAlister's Deli sent me a free $5 off certificate for my birthday and we used it this week. We have a rewards card from there, which they have discontinued, but still honored.  

So, we ordered the Spud Max, a loaded baked potato, which feeds both of us because they are so big. I also ordered tea to drink and it cost us $3.39 with all of our discounts, which was not bad for dinner. 

We stopped in at Whole Foods since we were so close and I bought organic carrots for $3.99 for a two pound bag. I also bought some of their Watermelon Lemonade and it was so good. 

We finally arrived home late Tuesday night and stayed home Wednesday catching up on laundry. I worked on Thursday, which will be my last day this school year. After that I am on summer vacation. 

We have a pop up tent for the cats to use and we had it stored by our French doors. Somehow yellow jackets had taken up residence inside, so  we used wasp/hornet spray to kill them along with the remaining ones in the house. 

Keeping bug spray, wasp/hornet spray, etc., is a great way to save money over having an exterminator come into your home every month. It's one of those easy DIY projects. 

I earned another $5 gift card to Amazon this week from Microsoft Rewards.

Snapfish was offering a free 8x10 last week, so I ordered a print from my daughter's graduation. 

Walgreens was offering free 8x10s over Mother's Day too, so I ordered two prints from Walgreens. 

That is all the frugal news from this past week. How was your frugal week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

7 comments:

  1. Great week. ENJOY your vacation!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off topic: From your 5/18 blog taking mini crock pot for school lunch, list a few favorite lunches for the mini, please.

    Then, you know you and Bailey spent time pet sitting in one of my favorite cities, especially being a grad of University of Chattanooga, now UT Chattanooga. Beautiful area with the Georgia border.

    Your pet sitting in Chattanooga rates high with me for free vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything left over from dinner works great in the mini crockpot, Anna. Chili and soup also work well in the mini crockpot. I unplug it about one hour before I want to eat, so it is not so hot. Yes, we considered out pet sitting as a free vacation. We had a great time, but it's hard to sleep with dogs as I don't rest as well. It took me a few days of sleeping at home to feel completed rested. It was a lot of fun though and I would do it all over again. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for input about mini Crock. Have you ever used it in vehicle via attachment to cig lighter? Don't know that is possible.

      DH and I consider our metro to be a constant vacation area, where sleeping at home is an extra luxury. We live in a Memphis burb, across the street from city limits, with convenient distances to our interests.

      Also, Memphis is in top 5 or 6 USA cities for low cost of living.

      Delete
    3. I've not done the vehicle/mini crockpot thing, but I would say it could be done. I'd like to have one of those small Thermos bottles for hot food in the car, but they are about $25 on Amazon. I'd have to save up my $5 Amazon certificates for that. LOL

      That is great that Memphis is in a low cost of living and that you have so many places to visit just like being on vacation 24-7. That would be a lot of fun. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Belinda, It is terrific that you enjoyed some time away from home via pet sitting. It is always fun to be able to "thrift" in different areas.
    I live in the Memphis area too. Just in case "thyme2Bthrifty" checks the comments, I wanted to let her(?) know that the Pink Palace Museum is offering a free summer membership if you sign up online. I think you need to do it by the end of May. :)
    Memphis DOES have many fun, touristy things to do. Not all are expensive.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...