Monday, January 8, 2018

Making Do ~ Applesauce Banana Bread

This week I needed to make some items for lunches since we are going back to school/work this week. 

I had most of the items on hand for this Applesauce Banana Bread, including plenty of bananas in the freezer. I had everything but flour, so I improvised. 

I have plenty of oatmeal on hand, so I ground it up in my food processor and used that instead. It made the banana bread turn out dense, but with  delicious flavor. 

I love this idea because I do have a lot of oatmeal on hand, so I will continue to use this method when necessary. 

Applesauce Banana Bread

Ingredients:

4 Bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mash bananas in a large bowl.
Stir in sugar and let stand 5 minutes. 
Add applesauce and eggs and beat well. 
Add remaining ingredients and mix well. 
Pour into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan. 
Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before removing from pan. 
Cool on wire rack. 

I ended up making two loaves of this and have already packed some in my lunch for tomorrow. 
Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

10 comments:

  1. I agree that does sound yummy and I have some apple sauce that needs using up, but don't have eggs..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gill, I've made this without the eggs and it still turned out fine.

      Delete
  2. I made this recipe tonight-- the only difference was I made it into 24 muffins as that is what my kids prefer. (baked it for 16 minutes)... All I can say is YUMMY!!! They are so good! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Rachel. Muffins are a great choice, especially when putting them into a lunch box. Glad you liked the recipe. :)

      Delete
  3. Yum! I love the flavor and texture of ground oats. This sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Shara. I had some for breakfast and it made a really hearty breakfast. I'll definitely be making this again.

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...