Friday, December 29, 2017

Friday's Frugal Foodie

We went to my BIL's home for our Christmas celebration on Tuesday. He served Ham, Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Macaroni and Cheese, Deviled Eggs, and Rolls for dinner along with Sweet Iced Tea to drink. We had a great time visiting with them. 

On Wednesday we had been to town and ended up picking up a Roast Chicken from Sam's Club. $4.98 out the door. We came home and I fixed some green beans with onions and a salad to go with it. 

On Thursday I made another batch of Broccoli and Cheese soup for lunch and to use up the last of those ingredients I had on hand. 


And for dinner I served hamburgers using some of the on sale ground chuck I bought the day before. 

On Friday I was going to take my car to town for an oil change, but ended up giving someone a ride somewhere and they paid me $5.00 for taking them.  

I had to run to Food City to pick up an RX and took a look at their marked down meat and found a roasting chicken for $2.99. I came home and put it right into the crockpot. 


I'm going to make White Bean Chicken Chili with it for dinner when the times comes. 

What's been for dinner at your house this week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

4 comments:

  1. Great deal on the chicken! The chili sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate out until Boxing Day and at that point I cooked turkey thighs, mashed potatoes, roasted squash & parsnips and then roasted a whole head of cauliflower with curry. The next day I cut up a ham steak that I got on sale, made mashed rutabaga, and cooked a batch of peppers & mushrooms. I've been eating different vegetables with either turkey, ham, eggs or bacon all week. Tomorrow I'm going to use up some salad greens for a couple of days worth of meals - along with tuna salad that I've just made up. On New Year's day I plan to make a pot of stew and use up the last of the root vegetables. I'm having friends over for lunch on Jan. 2nd so having everything mostly prepared ahead of time will make a difference - I'll just make some mashed potatoes to have along with the stew. Didn't want to waste any veggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That all sounds wonderful, Margie. Not wasting any vegetables is a great way to save money. Way to go!

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...