Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Final Frugal Week of November 2017

I listed five items for sale on Ebay on Sunday. 

We stayed home on Black Friday and spent no money. I did spend part of the day wrapping presents I already bought. 

My daughter gave me a free haircut at home over the weekend. The weather was nice enough to do it outside, so minimal cleanup, which was nice too. 

I took a Nielsen Family survey in October that earned me a free $5.00 Amazon gift card this week. 

I was tired from work on Monday and did not relish the
thought of cooking dinner when my daughter surprised me with a free pizza via a mystery shop she did.  It was a nice surprise.

It was cold enough that I finally turned the bathroom heater on to warm the bathroom for a morning shower. I turned it off right after I was done. So far we've not had to turn it on in the bedrooms, living room or kitchen. 

We spent Thanksgiving at my brother-in-law's home. I brought a chocolate cake with me and left it for them to enjoy over the next few days. 

I brought my own lunches to work this week. On Tuesday I brought Macaroni and Cheese, which was left from dinner the night before. There were four classrooms I subbed in this week that had microwaves, so it was easy to heat up lunches. 

I am almost done with Christmas shopping. I just want to pick up a couple of Bath and Body Works hand soap to finish my shopping. I have all of my daughters gifts already wrapped too and just have my Mom's gifts to wrap. I found her flannel pajama bottoms at the thrift store that were like new condition for $1.99. 

My daughter has two weeks left of school while I still have 3.5 weeks before our Christmas break. We've both already been cleaning and decluttering for the holidays. Our house always feels more homey when it's cleaned and everything in its place. 

Free Entertainment
I sorted through our DVDs looking for a certain one for my Mom and found our Laverne and Shirley DVDs. I watched some of the episodes over the weekend for free entertainment. 

My daughter and I have already watched the first Santa Clause movie over the weekend. 

I rolled up a towel and put it in the bathroom window so cold air won't seep into the bathroom. It's the only window in the house that does that. 

I can't believe that Friday will be December 1st. I don't know where November went! I hope it was good for you.  :)


Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

10 comments:

  1. Sure wish I didn't need the heat on in the bedroom yet, but then again, your a/c bill is probably higher than mine.
    Just hit Rite-Aid for BF and did 1 purchase on Cyber Sunday/Monday for Xmas. Good score on the pj pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Sluggy. We spend more on a/c than we do on heat each year. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. DIY hair cuts save our household at least $728 annually. Add no car use and gas to travel and more cash in your pocket. Good deals with free meal and PJs, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna. You are so right, all those things save us money. Hope you are doing well. :)

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a great week.
    Sometimes a “surprise pizza” can make all the difference in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to secret shop for pizza. I loved that. Sounds like you had a great frugal week.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...