It was a busy weekend here, and I did not get the chance to post. Here is what we've been up to lately...
- Replaced the battery in my 98 Olds Cutlass, which is the one we use to haul off garbage. I don't want to put anything like that in my newer car, so I need to maintain the older one. Cost was $88 and my Brother-In-Law put it in for me.
- Now that the battery was replaced I was able to take off two weeks of garbage, fill the gas tank up, and fill one of the tires that has a slow leak. The fill up with gas was only $14 and will last around two months.
- For my regular readers, I've not had any luck finding a garbage service for our area.
- Packaged up the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni I bought last week into pizza kits for the freezer.
- I had the oil changed in my newer car and did not have to pay anything today. I prepaid for five years of oil changes when I bought the car. So, in 2020 I will still be getting oil changes at the 2015 price. :)
- I used a $15 off coupon that I received in the mail to buy a new swim suit for my daughter for spring break.
- I used a rewards card to save $6.40 and then saved an additional $8.64 by using my credit card to buy her a cover up for the swim suit. Of course, I have already paid the credit card in full. Nice to get the additional savings for that.
- Found some Pepperidge Farm dressing mix on mark down for $1.50 each.
- Made deviled eggs and sandwiches with the egg salad I made this weekend.
Last week we had Monday off for President's Day and then I worked the rest of the week.