Sunday, November 1, 2015

Frugal Weekend

Today marks the beginning of a new month, a chance to start living the frugal life fresh or over if needed. 

This has been a busy week here.  I worked four days, went to the doctor for a routine visit, took my daughter for her annual physical and we both received the flu vaccine. 

We also both had visits to the eye doctor this week. My daughter needs new glasses and I also need glasses for the first time. I have become near sighted in the last couple of months and cannot see the board at school, so we will be shopping for glasses this week. 

I also took my car in for an oil change this past week. No cost to me as I paid upfront for a maintenance plan, but I paid cash in full for the car, so no payments for me. However, my car insurance did go up with the addition of the new car  and that was due and was paid this week.

Meals this week have included Chili, Chili Tacos, Macaroni & Cheese, Asian Salad, and Hamburgers. Friday night I made a potato casserole and served that with some green peas. I made a simple dinner of baked potatoes for today. 

I wanted to mention this website that I've been reading this week. I find it fascinating. She is trying to live a simpler life like they did in the 1940s and 1950s. 

Here is a link:

http://gdonna.com/

I was cleaning out the cat house today and putting in a new blanket, which I bought at the thrift store, for the cats. I accidently dropped the roof of the house on my foot and it is already bruising. I hope it does not bother me this week. 

I'm working two days so far this week. We have Tuesday off, since it is an election, and we will be running errands then and shopping for new glasses. 

I hope you all have a terrific, frugal week. 

Belinda
Live simply by not spending money you don't have.
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011 - 2016.

8 comments:

  1. Ouch, that must've hurt. I hope your foot is on the mend, now, Belinda!
    Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lili. It looks much worse than it feels. Thank goodness. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Belinda,
    I hope your foot is feeling better. Brandy over at the prudent homemaker . com
    Orders her glasses online and gets a great deal if you have a prescription. She
    pays like under $20 dollars if remember correctly. She fell and hurt her tail bone last
    week so she might be a little slow to get back to you. or maybe she will be faster, but
    I think she would be a great help with price.
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know, Patti. I will definitely check with her.

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    I forgot to mention Brandy talked about ordering glasses on the blog over at her website
    Just click on blog at the top of the page.
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could we be looking in the mirror? Need new glasses and an oil change, and had a flu shot.

    Hope your foot is not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna. It looks worse than it feels, so it's ok.

      We must be looking in the mirror, lol. :)

      I'm so glad to "see" you, I was beginning to wonder if everything was OK

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...