Frugal things we did this week include...
- Rescued a laundry basket from the garbage, just had to duct tape it to fix it using the technique I blogged about here.
- Bought six bottles of BBQ Sauce, which were 99¢, but had $1.00 coupons attached, so free to me.
- Bought my daughter's prom ticket at the reduced rate instead of waiting until the price goes up later. Savings was $10.00. I did the same thing with her yearbook this year. I bought hers at the reduced rate in the fall instead of waiting until spring when the price was higher.
- Took off our own garbage as usual, which cost us nothing. I would love to delegate this to an outside service, but they are very hard to find here and I would end up paying for this service as well. So, for now, I will continue to do this myself for free.
- I started the work week with no days to work, but by the end of the week I had worked every day. I count my blessings for this and many other things.
- I was gifted with multiple boxes of gluten free macaroni and cheese, which we will try and then decide if we like or not. If we don't like this, I will donate to the food pantry. I was also given one bag of onions, and one container of butter.
How was your week?
Live simply by not spending money you don't have.
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011 - 2015.