Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day ~ Monday ~ 9-1-2014


Labor Day, which is celebrated the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievement of American workers. 

I didn't make it out to the pharmacy yesterday, but ended up going today instead. Good thing since my Mom decided to go with me and pick up a few things she needed. I ran errands to the post office, bank, pharmacy, and grocery store. Combining errands is one way we save money on gas here. 

Afterwards I came home and folded all the laundry I've washed the last two days and put that away and got started making dinner. 

Today is the first day of a brand new month, which is a good time to start keeping track of your spending. I spent $1.50 today to pick up my prescription at the pharmacy. The pharmacy I use will give you a bottle of ice cold water for free when picking up prescriptions. I always take advantage of this generous offer. 


My daughter received her first check from Inbox Dollars for $27.00, which isn't too shabby for a teenager. Anyone can join the site and earn money by clicking on their emails and each person receives a $5.00 bonus for signing up. 

Dinner tonight will be Veggie Burgers with Mixed Vegetables on the side. 




What's for dinner at your house tonight?

Belinda
CFO ~ Chief Frugal Officer
© Belinda & Frugal Workshop, 2011-2014.
“Use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without”

4 comments:

  1. Looks good! Large tossed salad (mixed lettuce greens, grated carrot, tomato, chopped pickles, French radishes) with marinated and broiled BSCB on top. Side of homemade macaroni salad. Hit the spot, it's so terribly humid here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good, Carol. Sounds refreshing in this type of weather. It was very humid here yesterday too. I had to run the a/c longer than usual to try and get the dampness out of the house just to be able to sleep.

      Delete
  2. Hi Belinda,
    I'll check out Inbox Dollars. Thanks for that!
    We had hamburgers, cucumber sticks and dip, fruit salad, potato chips and s'mores for dinner last night -- end of summer cook-out. I used $2 of the money "found" in the laundry this summer for a bag of chips and a box of graham crackers at Dollar Tree.

    We had a pleasant sky all evening, and sat outside long past sunset, watching the stars come out. I'll miss long evenings under the stars this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so nice, Lili. Your dinner sounds good too. :)

      Bailey did the Inbox Dollars before me and already has her first check. I joined a week ago or so and I'm up to $11 so far. I'm looking forward to my first check too. :)

      Delete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. If you’re in the mood to troll, keep on scrolling.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...