Monday, May 16, 2011

Taco Sauce

Taking a chapter from Carol from CT on a Budget, I decided to empty all the Taco Bell sauce packets I had on my refrigerator door into a pint size jar. My Mom gets tacos from Taco Bell on a regular basis, but does not use the taco sauce, so she gives it to us and I had been keeping it in the plastic container you see here, which was placed on the refrigerator door. Carol had emptied some ketchup packets she found in her car into her ketchup bottle, so I thought it would be a good idea to clean up the mess of taco sauces and put them in a jar, which as you can tell almost filled a pint size jar. This sauce is great to mix with sour cream and make a dressing for taco salad and also good to put on tacos.

2 comments :

  1. Wow! You sure had alot on hand. good way to just use it up. I hate "lurkers" taking up space. I got rid of some Chinese food take out soy sauce packets by making a stir fry recently

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a lot. They seem to be very generous with it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting the Frugal Workshop.