Welcome to Frugal Workshop where every Monday I share the simple strategies used to save money in my kitchen over the past week, along with the meals that made it to our dinner table. You'll find practical tips on how we saved money on food hopefully to inspire your own meal planning using the foods you have in your own pantry.
My Frugal Week
This week I used up multiple cans from my pantry since I've not done any grocery shopping lately. We've been in use it up mode, but we will be going grocery shopping one day this week.
Recipe of the Week
This is a recipe from Hannah Cooks Healthy-ish on her Facebook reels. I used a package of ground turkey to make it more healthy and one serving had forty-one grams of protein, which is good. We both really liked it and I’ll definitely make it again.
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
Ingredients:
1 b lean ground turkey, chicken or beef
1 large white onion, diced
2-3 bell peppers, diced
4 oz low-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
6 slices of provolone cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
Salt & pepper, to taste
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Brown ground turkey, beef, or ground chicken.
Add in onions and peppers and cook until fork tender.
Add in spices and seasonings, stir.
Reduce heat to low/medium.
Cube your cream cheese and add it in to the meat mixture.
Stir and let it melt and fully incorporate.
Remove from heat and add in Greek yogurt and stir.
Transfer to a 9x13 casserole dish if not using an oven safe skillet.
Cover with provolone slices and bake for 10 minutes.
Broil for 2-3 minutes to crisp up the cheese.
What’s for Dinner
Monday ~ Grilled Chicken, Cucumber Salad, Bean Salad, Roasted Beets.
Tuesday ~ Homemade Pizza
Wednesday& Thursday ~ Stuffed Bell Peppers, Cucumber Salad, and Bean Salad.
We picked up so any colored bell peppers on Saturday that I wanted to use them in al our meals this week and this night was no exception.
I love this recipe because it is low carb, which is important to me to keep my blood sugar under control. Since losing weight, these days my blood sugar will go high and then crash to very low levels if I eat things like pasta, flour, or bread products. So, food like bean sprouts or spaghetti squash are a good replacements for the pasta and don't cause my blood sugar to crash.
Sunday ~ Philly Cheesesteak Casserole, Steamed Broccoli, and Pickled Beets.
Another delicious low-carb recipe to add to our menu rotation.
What’s been on the menu in your home this past week?
Belinda
Homemaker at Heart
~ Living within our Means ~Frugal Workshop Linktree
~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~Proverbs 31:27
No comments:
Post a Comment
I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.
Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.
Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.