Pages

Friday, September 11, 2026

Second Frugal Friday of September 2026

 



Welcome to Frugal Friday

Each Friday here at Frugal Workshop, I love sharing the frugal wins, quiet savings, and simple strategies that helped us stretch our budget over the past seven days. It’s a gentle look back at the small things that make a big difference. 

My Frugal Week

I stopped in at CVS for a prescription and had my Covid booster and flu shot for the year. I also bought Manuka honey and foam bandages for the wound on my leg. 

Bailey and I went to the Mennonite Farm Stand in Englewood on Wednesday and picked up fresh produce. We also stopped at several thrift stores, so she could get some inventory for her online shops. The only thing I came home with were a couple of books. 

I filled up my gas tank this week at $3.89 per gallon. I thought it was headed towards $60, but finally stopped at close to $58, before stopping. I’ve never had to put that much money into my gas tank. 

I’ve been experiencing a lot of fatigue the last two weeks and went to the doctor for some blood work. She gave me a B12 injection since my B12 was low last time she checked and my iron is low too, like last summer when I was anemic. Iron supplements were discussed and I’m already feeling better from the injection.

Yard Sale Saturday

We didn’t yard sale last weekend because it’s very hot here and we decluttered the house for the consignment sale. We like to enjoy the house being decluttered for a while after it’s done. 

Saving Money in the Kitchen 

I decided to not post my Menu Plan Monday blog post on Monday and am going to include it in my Frugal Friday posts for the time being. 

What’s for Dinner

Monday ~ Chicken

Tuesday ~ Margarita Shrimp

Wednesday ~ Chicken Tacos and Corn

Thursday ~ Chicken Enchiladas and Corn

I took the leftover chicken from Wednesday's dinner and made chicken enchiladas out of it for dinner on Thursday. No food waste here this week.

Friday & Saturday ~ Chicken Frito Salad

Saving on Things We Buy

We did our monthly grocery shopping last week and one of the places we went to was UGO. Imagine my surprise when I saw bags of Kraft mild cheddar cheese in the eight ounce bag for $1.00 each! I bought ten of them for my freezer. 

Another good deal this week was found at Food City where I found Earth Balance butter on close out for $2.75. This is my favorite butter and sells for $3.98 at Walmart, so this was another good deal for the week.

How was your week? I would love to hear about it in the comment section. 



Thank you for dropping by my frugal blog, you are always welcome here. 

We would love to hear all about your week in the comment section.


Belinda 🫶 
💕 Homemaker at Heart 💕 
~ Living within our Means ~
My Linktree

~ She looketh well to the ways of her household ~
Proverbs 31:27

2 comments:

  1. Glad the shot helped you.
    Great deal on cheese! I would have loaded up too.
    Had to go hunting for you today - as blogger is not updating anyone the past few days. Getting so tired of the problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Belinda, I am also glad the shot helped you! You have had a great week in thrifting, dear friend!
    Yes, Blogger has not updated anyone of even one new post in its reader...it has been totally dead since Tuesday morning! We are now in day 4!
    I came directly to visit you and this is how I found your post. By the way, I have put a couple of different methods on my blog (which you will see on the top right column) for people if they choose to follow my blog in another way! (Feedly or email), because we obviously cannot rely on the news reader. Even when it was working, it sometimes took anywhere from 30 minutes to an entire day before it showed any new posts!
    Sending you much love and hugs from across the miles, Belinda.
    My Thursday blog post is on my blog but of course the Blogger news reader hasn't told anyone. LOL!
    I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead. Thank you so much for being here, for all you do to help others and for your friendship, it really means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete

I’m so glad you’re here, taking time out of your day to comment on my blog.

Frugal Workshop is designed to be a source of information, encouragement and inspiration.

Comments are moderated manually, and may take a few hours for them to appear. Thank you for understanding.